VHDL compiler for Linux
Author Message
 VHDL compiler for Linux

Dear Reader,

Do you know VHDL compiler and simulator for LINUX?

Thank you for your help in advance

Gabor Hosszu, Budapest, Hungary

Mon, 17 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VHDL compiler for Linux

I don't know about a VHDL simulator, but the Exemplar Logic logic
synthesis system is available for Linux.  You can find out more on the
Exemplar web site at http://www.exemplar.com and search for Linux using
their search engine (http://www.exemplar.com/search/).

Steven K. Knapp                 'Great designs happen "OptiMagic"-ally'
OptiMagic, Inc.

   Web:  http://www.optimagic.com
 Phone:  1-408-454-1811

|Dear Reader,
|
|Do you know VHDL compiler and simulator for LINUX?
|

|Thank you for your help in advance
|

|Gabor Hosszu, Budapest, Hungary

Mon, 17 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VHDL compiler for Linux

Quote:
>I don't know about a VHDL simulator, but the Exemplar Logic logic
>synthesis system is available for Linux.  You can find out more on the
>Exemplar web site at http://www.exemplar.com and search for Linux using
>their search engine (http://www.exemplar.com/search/).
>Steven K. Knapp                 'Great designs happen "OptiMagic"-ally'
>OptiMagic, Inc.

>   Web:  http://www.optimagic.com
> Phone:  1-408-454-1811

  Yes.  I've been using Exemplar's Leonardo for Linux.  However,
I just received an update CD with 4.13 on it and the CD did not
include the Linux version.  Hopefully, it has not been dropped!

   Cheers,
   Jake

--

 University of Illinois | your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,
                        | there you long to return.     -- da Vinci
        PP-ASEL         | http://www.cen.uiuc.edu/~janovetz/index.html

Mon, 17 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VHDL compiler for Linux

Quote:

> >I don't know about a VHDL simulator, but the Exemplar Logic logic
> >synthesis system is available for Linux.  You can find out more on the
> >Exemplar web site at http://www.exemplar.com and search for Linux using
> >their search engine (http://www.exemplar.com/search/).

> >Steven K. Knapp                 'Great designs happen "OptiMagic"-ally'
> >OptiMagic, Inc.

> >   Web:  http://www.optimagic.com
> > Phone:  1-408-454-1811

>   Yes.  I've been using Exemplar's Leonardo for Linux.  However,
> I just received an update CD with 4.13 on it and the CD did not
> include the Linux version.  Hopefully, it has not been dropped!

>    Cheers,
>    Jake

> --

>  University of Illinois | your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,
>                         | there you long to return.     -- da Vinci
>         PP-ASEL         | http://www.cen.uiuc.edu/~janovetz/index.html

  Yes, I am unhappy to report,  support for Linux has been dropped by Exemplar.
This is primarily due to the phenomenon that the vast majority of Linux users
are using
a floating license based on a Sparc host, so there is no way for the Exemplar
marketing
department to know how many Linux users *actually* exist.   If you want the
support
for Linux to continue, you *must* send email to Exemplar and *ask* for it.   The

actual number of copies of Linux based compilers *ordered* has been miniscule,
like
2 or 3.

Little known fact:  The *node-locked* Linux version of Leonardo will run any
number
of images on that host, even if it has multiple processors.     Thus, a Linux
machine with dual 300 Mhz Pentium 2 CPU  processors and a bunch of RAM running
Leonardo
node-locked will provide *far* more "synthesis" power per dollar  than  a
floating license
on a network with a bunch of Ultrasparc 200 machines.     The node-locked
version for
Windows NT costs the same as the Linux version, and can run multiple images, but

remote access is more problematic, since the X interface is not present.   Linux
and NT
performance for Leonardo seem to be neck & neck, except in situations where RAM
runs low, since Leonardo Linux does not need the X server running to operate.

One thing I'd like to see:    A Solaris for Intel version of a place & route
tool.  Perhaps
this could be made to work under Linux using the IBCS package?   You can make
the
argument that it requires almost zero work to recompile the Solaris version of
the
place & route tool, since reputedly, Solaris Sparc & Solaris Intel are "source
code"
compatible.   Does anyone know if this would work?

John McCluskey
(My opinions are my own)

Wed, 19 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VHDL compiler for Linux

Quote:

>   Yes.  I've been using Exemplar's Leonardo for Linux.  However,
> I just received an update CD with 4.13 on it and the CD did not
> include the Linux version.  Hopefully, it has not been dropped!

You can download Exemplar's Leonardo for Linux at
ftp://ftp.exemplar.com/pub/release/leonardo/4.13/ .

Cheers
Frank

Fri, 21 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. URGENT: NEED FOR A RELATIVELY CHEAP VHDL COMPILER FOR LINUX OR UNIX

2. vhdl compilers for linux?

3. VHDL compiler and simulator under Linux

4. Where can i get a LINUX VHDL Compiler

5. debugger for gnu fortran77 under Linux, free compiler f90 under Linux

6. Beta tester needed: VHDL Studio Solaris/Linux/Windows

7. Announcing FreeHDL project: Linux VHDL Simulator

8. VHDL and Linux

9. Announce: VHDL Simili 2.0 - Graphics, Windows, Linux, Affordable

10. Beta tester needed: VHDL Studio Solaris/Linux/Windows

11. VHDL Studio for Linux

12. Is Alliance Free Linux VHDL any good?