textio package
Author Message
 textio package

I am using max plus 2 for vhdl simulation. I have a problem when i am using
std.textio package for file reading. The compliler finds an error in line 5
of the package std.textio.

Unsupported feature error: access type is not supported

if the access type is not supprorted by max plus 2 then why they have the
package installed?

Tue, 05 Jul 2005 01:41:10 GMT
 textio package

> I am using max plus 2 for vhdl simulation.

That is not possible with MaxPlus. MaxPlus is a synthesistool.
The only thing you can simulate in MaxPlus is the synthesis result.
So you have to restrict to the VHDL synthesisable subset of VHDL that this
tool supports.

Egbert Molenkamp

Tue, 05 Jul 2005 02:05:20 GMT

1. reading an executable file in VHDL using textio package

2. STD library and TEXTIO package

3. Binary file I/O instead of TEXTIO package?

4. Using Synopsys textio-package

5. Using Synopsys textio-package

6. Documentation on TEXTIO package?

7. FILE I/O using TEXTIO package

8. TextIO utility packages?

9. Package TEXTIO compatible with VHDL′93

10. RE : Verilog Textio using PLI ( Read.c) .

11. Textio in Verilog

12. textio doubt