Problem about Leonardo Spectrum with Altera MaxPlus II
Author Message
 Problem about Leonardo Spectrum with Altera MaxPlus II

Hi all:
    I have tried to compile the VHDL file in Leonardo spectrum and generate
a *.edf file and import into the Altera maxplus II and compile it create a
default symbol. every step worked without problem. But when I use the symbol
in the graphic design and try to compile it I encounter the following
problem:

Warning " I/O error can't open file *.lmf "
Error "Can't find design file 'dffe' "

I can't find any setting the *.lmf (library mapping) setting in Altera
MaxPlus II (PC version).
Could anybody help me? Thank you very much!

best regards!

Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:23:43 GMT
 Problem about Leonardo Spectrum with Altera MaxPlus II
Quote:

> Warning " I/O error can't open file *.lmf "
> Error "Can't find design file 'dffe' "

You have to set your edif netlist reader setting to exemplar.

On the maxplus menu it's:

Max+II
compiler
Interfaces
edif netlist reader settings
Exemplar

 --Mike Treseler

Wed, 31 Mar 2004 01:20:05 GMT
 Problem about Leonardo Spectrum with Altera MaxPlus II
Relating to this , I hope Mike could help me...
I have a similar problem .
I compiled a VHDL file in FPGA Express and exported the netlist back into
MaxplusII.I recompiled the VHDL file with file extension *.edf , and it
compiles successfully but I could not view the symbol under *.sym
I followed the path
          MaxPlusII
          Compiler
          Interfaces
          EDIF netlist setting
          synopsys
and compiling the *edf file after this still does not create the system symbol.
How could I view the *.edf file in Leonardo Spectrum?
I am new to Leo, pls help.
Thanks !
regards,
simon

Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:59:15 GMT
 Problem about Leonardo Spectrum with Altera MaxPlus II
Hi Simon,

in Altera you must:
1.) open the *.edf file,
2.) Menue: File->Create default Symbol
 Now you can insert the *.sym in your *.gdf-file

Ciao
Michael

Quote:
> Relating to this , I hope Mike could help me...
> I have a similar problem .
> I compiled a VHDL file in FPGA Express and exported the netlist back into
> MaxplusII.I recompiled the VHDL file with file extension *.edf , and it
> compiles successfully but I could not view the symbol under *.sym
> I followed the path
>           MaxPlusII
>           Compiler
>           Interfaces
>           EDIF netlist setting
>           synopsys
> and compiling the *edf file after this still does not create the system
symbol.
> How could I view the *.edf file in Leonardo Spectrum?
> I am new to Leo, pls help.
> Thanks !
> regards,
> simon

Sat, 10 Apr 2004 18:18:08 GMT
 Problem about Leonardo Spectrum with Altera MaxPlus II
Hi Michael!
Thank U very much!...
It works!

regards,
simon

Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:43:25 GMT

1. Leonardo=>MaxPlus/Quartus Vs Synopsys=>MaxPlus/Quartus

2. Leonardo=>MaxPlus/Quartus Vs Synopsys=>MaxPlus/Quartus

3. Leonardo Spectrum or FPGA Express/Compiler II

4. Altera Maxplus SDF file has VITAL problems?

5. Problems compiling with MaxPlus II

6. Leonardo/Maxplus and EP1K30 device woes.....

7. Assigning pin-numbers in Altera Maxplus

8. Xilinx Libraries in FPGAdvantage / Leonardo Spectrum

9. Multicycle paths in Leonardo Spectrum

10. How I can make ASIC simulation after Leonardo Spectrum

11. Leonardo Spectrum ver 1d signals and bits

12. Problems with the Altera Max Plus II