specifying constraints in synopsys on output clocks
Author Message
 specifying constraints in synopsys on output clocks

Quote:
>I think this also will work provided u need to fix the hold time for all
>possible violations ( offcourse :-) )

>    create_clock -name "CLK" -period 20 -waveform {0,10} clock_name

>     set_fix_hold CLK

Wakharkar, a lot of Synopsys users tend to skip adding any fix hold
constraints because hold violations are fairly easy to deal with (even
at the last minute in a design) compared with all the work you're going
to do to get those set-up constraints met.  In the early days, there
used to be just one clock creating command that did both the set-up
and hold constraining, but Synopsys split the command into create_clock
and set_fix_hold just so we would not be wasting our time doing hold fixes
on designs not making it set-up wise.

                           - John Cooley
                             Part Time EDA Consumer Advocate
                             Full Time ASIC, FPGA & EDA Design Consultant

 Trapped trying to figure out a Synopsys bug?  Want to hear how 4599 other
 users dealt with it ?  Then join the E-Mail Synopsys Users Group (ESNUG)!

     /o o\  /  it's a FEATURE!"                 (508) 429-4357
    (  >  )
     \ - /     - John Cooley, EDA & ASIC Design Consultant in Synopsys,
     _] [_         Verilog, VHDL and numerous Design Methodologies.

     Holliston Poor Farm, P.O. Box 6222, Holliston, MA  01746-6222
   Legal Disclaimer: "As always, anything said here is only opinion."

Tue, 09 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. specifying constraints in synopsys on output clocks

2. Automatic creation of timing constraints for multiple clock designs

3. Don't know how to specify a digital input or output with Port Config

4. Synopsys Verilog output

5. Implementing three state output MUXes with Synopsys

6. clock scan [clock format [clock seconds]] fails

7. Clock Output

8. probs with Clock-to-output delay...

9. BIOS clock's BCD output

10. clock format -format %H output incorrect

11. clock format %Z option produces verbose output

12. null ranges and index constraints (was constraint error question)