ASIC Design Survey continues
Author Message
 ASIC Design Survey continues

The same survey posted over 1 week ago continues.

Thanx to the "20 or so" participants so far; I would like to get
a more meaningful sample size.

Please spend 5 minutes or so and visit the URL:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

The results will be posted when I get a decent sample size.

thanx.

--
Synthesis Solutions, Inc.
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 07 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ASIC Design Survey continues

Quote:
>Thanx to the "20 or so" participants so far; I would like to get
>a more meaningful sample size.

Good luck on getting many responses. One of the things that I find
the most frustrating since I put up my web site is trying to
get some sort of feedback. For the thousand or so people who have
visited my site I have gotten about 10 peopel who have e-mailed
me or filled out my survey.

What I would like to know is this: About half of the people who visit
my site leave without looking at anything past the first page. I always
wonder why. Is my page too slow to download. It the information not
at all what they wanted? What?

If I didn't keep web stats I would have pulled the page by now asuming
that it wasn't really being used.

--Celia Clause                    Celia's Verilog/EDA web page:

Mon, 08 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ASIC Design Survey continues

Quote:

>>Thanx to the "20 or so" participants so far; I would like to get
>>a more meaningful sample size.

>Good luck on getting many responses. One of the things that I find
>the most frustrating since I put up my web site is trying to
>get some sort of feedback. For the thousand or so people who have
>visited my site I have gotten about 10 peopel who have e-mailed
>me or filled out my survey.

>What I would like to know is this: About half of the people who visit
>my site leave without looking at anything past the first page. I always
>wonder why. Is my page too slow to download. It the information not
>at all what they wanted? What?

>If I didn't keep web stats I would have pulled the page by now asuming
>that it wasn't really being used.

Celia, I wouldn't take it too personally; it's not you, it's the fact
that everywhere one turns you see a Web site popping up.  It's not
just EDA or engineering companies anymore.  Now you have Web sites for
*everything* from people wanting to show the world their dog to
Crest toothpaste to magazines to Pepsi to Microsoft to Tarot to
gay lifestyles to Bill Bixby fan clubs to individual movies to political
candidates to pyramid worshipers to professional yodellers to whatever!

People are just getting sort of saturated with Web everything.  The
net effect (pun intended) is that it does a massive divide and
conquer on the Internet.  Instead of a few key places to hang out on;
now there are hundreds -- and these locations change *daily*.  It's
a lot like living in Greater Suburban Los Angles.

                           - John Cooley
                             Part Time EDA Consumer Advocate
                             Full Time ASIC, FPGA & EDA Design Consultant

 Trapped trying to figure out a Synopsys bug?  Want to hear how 4599 other
 users dealt with it ?  Then join the E-Mail Synopsys Users Group (ESNUG)!

     /o o\  /  it's a FEATURE!"                 (508) 429-4357
    (  >  )
     \ - /     - John Cooley, EDA & ASIC Design Consultant in Synopsys,
     _] [_         Verilog, VHDL and numerous Design Methodologies.

     Holliston Poor Farm, P.O. Box 6222, Holliston, MA  01746-6222
   Legal Disclaimer: "As always, anything said here is only opinion."

Tue, 09 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ASIC Design Survey continues

: >Thanx to the "20 or so" participants so far; I would like to get
: >a more meaningful sample size.
: >

: Good luck on getting many responses. One of the things that I find
: the most frustrating since I put up my web site is trying to
: get some sort of feedback. For the thousand or so people who have
: visited my site I have gotten about 10 peopel who have e-mailed
: me or filled out my survey.

: What I would like to know is this: About half of the people who visit
: my site leave without looking at anything past the first page. I always
: wonder why. Is my page too slow to download. It the information not
: at all what they wanted? What?

 Both to Celia & Karl,

 Celia, I haven't checked your survey but for Karl; I am an analog full
 custom ASIC designer. The only three questions that are relevant to me are

 1) feature size (it's 0.7 and 0.5 micron)
 2) speed (> 100 Mhz)
 and
 3) how many designers (1 to 4)

--

                                                http://www.imec.be

        'Imagination is more important than knowledge.'
                        (A. Einstein)

Wed, 10 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. ASIC Design Survey continues

2. ASIC Design Survey results II

3. Survey on ASIC design methodology

4. ASIC Design Survey results II

5. Survey on ASIC design methodology

6. Jobs, Denver/Boulder Colorado, ASIC Design, Board Design Engineers

7. Digital Design/ASIC Design @ Sun Mass

8. Digital Design/ASIC Design @ Sun Mass

9. Survey continues...

10. ASIC survey results