Problem with vector copy
Author Message
 Problem with vector copy

Hi

When i simulate my program, i found an error in a std_logic_vector

When i copy an in vector to an inout vector (all whith same length,
std_logic_vector), I recived an vector whith zeros and 'X'.  Like this
copy "000010" -> "0000X0"

I do this in a process and thats all what is done there.

There is no multi copies to this vector.......

my simulations tool is xilinx foundation 2.1 Base express.

Bj?rn Lindegren

Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with vector copy
Hi,
   This could happen if you have given a "default" input value to your
"inout" signal. I guess you have
 something like

signal inout_signal := (OTHERS => '0');

(or something similar which basically assigns all "0"s to your inout
signals.)

Then when you give an "out" value to the same signal you get "1" & "0" for
the same bit position - which as per the resolved function would lead to an
"X".

Hope this helps.

If not, post your code for more insight.

Srini

--
Srinivasan V
IC Design Engineer,

Quote:
> Hi

> When i simulate my program, i found an error in a std_logic_vector

> When i copy an in vector to an inout vector (all whith same length,
> std_logic_vector), I recived an vector whith zeros and 'X'.  Like this
> copy "000010" -> "0000X0"

> I do this in a process and thats all what is done there.

> There is no multi copies to this vector.......

> my simulations tool is xilinx foundation 2.1 Base express.

> Bj?rn Lindegren

Fri, 23 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Vector set!, void vector problem

2. no vector = vector*vector in BLAS?

3. Distributions and integrals, and old copies of VECTOR

4. lack of vector-copy in r4rs

5. copying a vector?

6. copying vectors/arrays by value

7. matrix as vector of vectors

8. Inserting a vector slice into another vector

9. Optimal SSE code for dot producting 4 vectors with another vector for the Athlon

10. BLT vector creation: creation time grows as number of vectors created grows

11. (simple-vector 20) vs (vector single-float 20)

12. Vectors and Vector Spaces in ST80