Broken ModelSim PE 5.4c?
Author Message
 Broken ModelSim PE 5.4c?

Hey, all,

Just got a new computer and decided to put 5.4c on it instead of 5.3b (which has
been working fine).  Big problem:  I can't elaborate without getting "Component XXX
is not bound" for every single module in any of my designs!  I did a simple test
with a single source file and a test bench for that file, and the same thing
results.

The same code works just fine with 5.3b.  Yes, I recompiled for 5.4.  No dice.

Model Tech is not answering the phone today, either.

Oh, yeah, their silly "project" thingie is STILL broken.  In fact, if you add a
source file to the project and try to compile it by hitting the "compile" button in
the add project dialog, the tool dies.  Apparently, a _lock file is set in your work
directory and it doesn't get removed.

This is not good.

--a

--
---------------------------------------
Andy Peters

Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. fprintf using the pli in modelsim 5.5 pe

2. ModelSim PE

3. Can ModelSim PE/SE and XE coexist?

4. forcing signals in modelsim PE

5. Problems with design loading on Modelsim PE 5.5A

6. modelsim 5.5c pe evalution shows unkown error

7. Release notes C5a PE and C5b PE

8. C4 PE vs C5 PE

9. Handling group breaks and page breaks run time

10. CPCS - Page Break on Control Break?

11. Is break broken? :) :) :)

12. Clarion 4C app crashes in string assignment