CORDIC and other pastimes :-)
Author Message
 CORDIC and other pastimes :-)

Hi All,
To while away the days between jobs I've decided to keep my brain alive by
having a crack at the CORDIC algorithm.
working out the values for angles in fixed point has shall we say been
slight boring but hey its all good stuff.
Anyway I'm sure there are other guys out there in the same position so what
are you doing to fill in the time ?

Best Regards

Andre'

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 01:33:49 GMT
 CORDIC and other pastimes :-)
You might take a look at my paper "a survey of cordic algorithms..." available
on my website at no cost.  The angles are easily computed as atan(2^-i)

Quote:

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930     Fax 401/884-7950

http://www.andraka.com

                                          -Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 09:57:48 GMT
 CORDIC and other pastimes :-)

Quote:

> Hi All,
> To while away the days between jobs I've decided to keep my brain alive by
> having a crack at the CORDIC algorithm.
> working out the values for angles in fixed point has shall we say been
> slight boring but hey its all good stuff.
> Anyway I'm sure there are other guys out there in the same position so what
> are you doing to fill in the time ?

> Best Regards

> Andre'

Hi Andre'

Shortly to be in that position myself, why don't we form a virtual
company with anyone else who's interested?

Phil

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:11:44 GMT
 CORDIC and other pastimes :-)
Hi Phil,
Sounds like an idea :-)
We can advise on what not to do while looking for a new job, how to learn
not to drink VARST quantities of tea, how to avoid
day time TV but while actually getting some information from it (I've learnt
more about Alexander the Greta than I did before :-) ).
So who are you just about to depart from  ?

Best Regards

Andre'

Quote:
> > Hi All,
> > To while away the days between jobs I've decided to keep my brain alive
by
> > having a crack at the CORDIC algorithm.
> > working out the values for angles in fixed point has shall we say been
> > slight boring but hey its all good stuff.
> > Anyway I'm sure there are other guys out there in the same position so
what
> > are you doing to fill in the time ?

> > Best Regards

> > Andre'

> Hi Andre'

> Shortly to be in that position myself, why don't we form a virtual
> company with anyone else who's interested?

> Phil

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:49:45 GMT
 CORDIC and other pastimes :-)
Hi Ray,
Thankyou for your kind suggestion, in fact its one of your papers which
started me off in the first place and a second page called the
CORDIC Faq where I understand you helped the guy who wrote it ! Anyway I've
now computed the binary values and I'll start putting the
code together. I suspect the first attempt is not going to be tooooo elegant
but if I can get some values out that are correct I'll be happy. Then
I can play around with it :-)

Best Regards

Andre'

Quote:
> You might take a look at my paper "a survey of cordic algorithms..."
available
> on my website at no cost.  The angles are easily computed as atan(2^-i)

> > Hi All,
> > To while away the days between jobs I've decided to keep my brain alive
by
> > having a crack at the CORDIC algorithm.
> > working out the values for angles in fixed point has shall we say been
> > slight boring but hey its all good stuff.
> > Anyway I'm sure there are other guys out there in the same position so
what
> > are you doing to fill in the time ?

> > Best Regards

> > Andre'

> --
> --Ray Andraka, P.E.
> 401/884-7930     Fax 401/884-7950

> http://www.andraka.com

>  "They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little
>   temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
>                                           -Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:53:40 GMT
 CORDIC and other pastimes :-)

Quote:

> Shortly to be in that position myself, why don't we form a virtual
> company with anyone else who's interested?

Hey Phil,

Count me in.

Stan

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:40:53 GMT

1. Implementation of Cordic into Virtex

2. Cordic

3. CORDIC

4. Cordic arctan, sqrt implementation

5. About Cordic...

6. Cordic algorithm in VHDL.

7. meeting others through personal ads (advertisement)

8. Book Sale - APL Books and others

9. Stop others from using your computer!!! 3013

10. APL Quote Quad, Vectors and others

11. poolDictionaries and others dictionaries

12. translating ä and others