What is te USE of TCL\TK\PERL in EDA
Author Message
 What is te USE of TCL\TK\PERL in EDA

HI all,
  Most popular EDA tools gives an option for TCL\TK \PERL scripting . why do
we need this TCL TK etc .

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 12:30:15 GMT
 What is te USE of TCL\TK\PERL in EDA
Hi,
The main purpose is basically file handling, text manipulation, Creating
testing enviornment and automation, in case
the tool does not have a GUI less version, and if the OS doesn't support
such utilities.
Sameer.

Quote:
> HI all,
>   Most popular EDA tools gives an option for TCL\TK \PERL scripting . why
do
> we need this TCL TK etc .

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 12:36:24 GMT
 What is te USE of TCL\TK\PERL in EDA

Quote:

> HI all,
>   Most popular EDA tools gives an option for TCL\TK \PERL scripting . why do
> we need this TCL TK etc .

One example is in the thread "Create ROM from a data file during synthesis?"
above.

Nial.

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 20:39:40 GMT

1. Using Perl Modules from TCL/TK

2. HELP: 1.Joining event loops 2.Using Tk from C (no Perl, no TCL)

3. Tk(perl/Scheme/blah) still uses Tcl!

4. Ruby/Tk - never did Tcl/Tk or Perl/Tk

5. perl/tk vs.tcl/tk

6. Software Engineer - Verilog/Perl - EDA tool development - Cambridge, UK - to c£30,000

7. Using Tk in Perl?

8. Using tk from Perl

9. Using tk from Perl

10. I am looking for Tcl/Tk training courses

11. Help - I am a novice tcl/tk user...