Synthesize WAIT-statement in procedure
Author Message
 Synthesize WAIT-statement in procedure

Hello,
I wrote the following program, using a procedure which is executed as a
sequencial statement in a process.
The procedure contains a WAIT - Statement.

architecture BEHAVI{*filter*}of SCHALT is
  SIGNAL test1 : BIT;
  PROCEDURE testpr(SIGNAL t : IN BIT; SIGNAL data : INOUT BIT) IS
    BEGIN
      IF t = '1' THEN
        data <= not data;
      ELSE
        data <= '0';
      END IF;
      WAIT UNTIL (t'EVENT AND t ='1');
    END testpr;

  PROCESS                     -- line 36
    BEGIN
      testpr(bit_1, test1);
    END PROCESS;
  END BEHAVIORAL;

Simulation of this program works well, but when I try to synthesize it using
Design_Compiler (Synopsis V. 3.4 a) the following error occurs :
    Process in routine SCHALT line 36 in file ... contains unsupported
    wait statements. (HDL - 211)
How can I write procedures which wait on a clock-signal in synthesizable code ?

Juergen

Tue, 14 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Synthesize WAIT-statement in process ?

2. procedure + wait statement

3. wait statement in procedures

4. Synthesizing the initial statement

5. Synthesis of wait statements

6. wait statement question

7. wait statement

8. Is wait statements better??

9. wait statement on Xilinx Foundation.

10. wait statements in sub-programs for synthesis

11. Process without wait statement

12. Wait until statement problem in synthesis