wait statement in procedures
Author Message
 wait statement in procedures

This is a question for you tool builders out there.

I am building a model where it will be very nice to have procedures with wait
statements in them. While that is certainly legal, I am concerned about
performance. I recall a year or so ago at VUG that, someone from HHB stated
that was a very bad idea from a performance standpoint. Any clues or
suggestions as to how big a hit that it would be? I know the best way to check
is to benchmark it myself, but I'd thought I'd check the net first.

Thanks!

Fred Rose
Honeywell Systems and Research Center

3660 Technology Dr.        Phone : (612) 782-7106
Minneapolis, MN 55418      Fax   : (612) 782-7438

Tue, 26 Oct 1993 22:07:16 GMT

1. Synthesize WAIT-statement in procedure

2. procedure + wait statement

3. Synthesis of wait statements

4. wait statement question

5. wait statement

6. Is wait statements better??

7. wait statement on Xilinx Foundation.

8. wait statements in sub-programs for synthesis

9. Process without wait statement

10. Wait until statement problem in synthesis

11. Final conclusion of wait until statement discussion

12. VHDL FLI/Tcl in Modelsim and wait statement