Newbie Viewlogic VHDL Q
Author Message
 Newbie Viewlogic VHDL Q

Okay, I found a function addum to add two
vlbit_1d values together.  Is there a
corresponding type of function to do a
greater/lesser type compare?

Sun, 18 May 1997 00:14:55 GMT
 Newbie Viewlogic VHDL Q

Quote:

> Okay, I found a function addum to add two
> vlbit_1d values together.  Is there a
> corresponding type of function to do a
> greater/lesser type compare?

I don't think so. But the package contains a function
"v1d2int" that converts a vector to an integer. (I don't now how the vector is
interpreted: as unsigned or twos complement).
With this functions comparison of two vector v1 and v2 is easy:

    v1_less_then_v2 := v1d2int(v1) < v1d2int(v2)

Bert Molenkamp
Dept. of Computer Science
University of Twente
PO Box 217
7500 AE  Enschede
the Netherlands

Sun, 18 May 1997 16:44:52 GMT

1. Newbie Qs: startup time, Module.constants, chdir, Ruby distro's library

2. newbie obj files Qs

3. Newbie Pmode Qs

4. Newbie on tclodbc: A few Qs.

5. Newbie Qs: -setgrid and bind

6. VHDL and VIEWLOGIC

7. vhdl and viewlogic problem

8. vhdl viewlogic-specific function

9. VHDL models of Viewlogic primatives

10. Xilinx ViewLogic package and simulating VHDL

11. RE : Signal Attributes in Viewlogic VHDL

12. Synthesizer Bug? ViewLogic, VHDL, and XC4000