Xilinx Student edition license problem
Author Message
 Xilinx Student edition license problem

Hi,
I recently bought a copy of the Xilinx Student Edition of the Foundation
software. However when I try to use synthesis I get an error, saying a
license cannot be found. Xilinx do not offer email or phone support for
the Student edition, so I was wondering if anyone here can help me.

Cheers,
Phil

Tue, 30 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Xilinx Student edition license problem
Hallo Phil!

If you are using Win95 you have to set the LM_LICENSE_FILE variable in your
auotexec.bat. Insert the following in your autoexec.bat:

set LM_LICENSE_FILE= (path to)\license.dat

for path to write the directory, where you have your license.dat.

If you are using WinNT you must set the variable in the system properties
dialog box.
Enter following:

variable: LM_LICENSE_FILE
value: (path to)\license.dat.

Probably your license.dat is in your "xilinx" or "fndt" directory and then
in the directory data.
I hope this will solve your problem.

Greetings

Joachim

w9556044 schrieb:

Quote:
> Hi,
> I recently bought a copy of the Xilinx Student Edition of the Foundation
> software. However when I try to use synthesis I get an error, saying a
> license cannot be found. Xilinx do not offer email or phone support for
> the Student edition, so I was wondering if anyone here can help me.

> Cheers,
> Phil

Fri, 03 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Xilinx Student edition license problem
Hi,
Unfortunately I have set the LM_LICENSE_FILE variable to the location of my
license file, but I still get the same error when I try to synthesise.

Thanks anyway,

Phil

Quote:

> Hallo Phil!

> If you are using Win95 you have to set the LM_LICENSE_FILE variable in your
> auotexec.bat. Insert the following in your autoexec.bat:

> set LM_LICENSE_FILE= (path to)\license.dat

> for path to write the directory, where you have your license.dat.

Fri, 03 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Xilinx Student edition license problem

Quote:

>Hi,
>Unfortunately I have set the LM_LICENSE_FILE variable to the location of my
>license file, but I still get the same error when I try to synthesise.

A quick search for "Student Edition" on the Xilinx web site brought up the
following hit:

http://www.xilinx.com/programs/xse1.htm

There's a bullet there that says, "Xilinx Student Edition License
Generator."  You might be successful if you followed that link.
Andy Peters
Sr Electrical Engineer
National Optical Astronomy Observatories
950 N Cherry Ave
Tucson, AZ 85719
apeters (at) noao \dot\ edu

"Creation Science" is oxymoronic.

Fri, 03 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. xilinx foundation series/ xilinx student edition software

2. Xilinx ISE 4.2i Student edition on Windows XP

3. Xilinx Student Edition Software CRACK

4. need help in xilinx student edition 2i

5. XESS -010XL and Xilinx Student Edition

6. Xilinx student edition, version 1.5

7. Xilinx Student Edition - HELP!

8. Does any one use Xilinx student edition??

9. Xilinx Foundation Sudent Edition and The Practical Xilinx Designer Lab Book

10. Xilinx Flex License Utility