Interrupt from SRAM to FPGA.
Author Message
 Interrupt from SRAM to FPGA.

Hi all,

I am working on a DSP-FPGA interface whereby the DSP can interupt FPGA
chip by writing to this dual port SRAM. Whenever DSP writes to the
FFFE address an INT to FPGA is generated. I would like to ask, what
should I write to read and clear the interrupt from SRAM? For
examplem, shall I read continuously on the same memory address?

Thank you very much.

Jeff

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:07:06 GMT
 Interrupt from SRAM to FPGA.

Quote:
>Hi all,

>I am working on a DSP-FPGA interface whereby the DSP can interupt FPGA
>chip by writing to this dual port SRAM. Whenever DSP writes to the
>FFFE address an INT to FPGA is generated. I would like to ask, what
>should I write to read and clear the interrupt from SRAM? For
>examplem, shall I read continuously on the same memory address?

>Thank you very much.

>Jeff

Just execute a read on the address FFFE. This will stop the interrupt
from being asserted and you will get the value which tells you why the
DSP has interrupted the FPGA. You can use different values to signify
different events. You can then clear the same location to zero after
processing the interrupt which would enable the DSP to re-interrupt.

Muzaffer Kal

http://www.dspia.com
DSP algorithm implementations for FPGA systems

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 12:29:36 GMT
 Interrupt from SRAM to FPGA.
You can, but it seems to be a waste of your dual port RAM to use it as a
single bit mailbox.  You could do that just as effectively with a fairly
simple circuit to handle the presumably asynchrounous clocks for setting
and resetting a flag.  Not really an issue if you don't have something
better to use the block rams on I guess.

Quote:

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930     Fax 401/884-7950

http://www.andraka.com

                                          -Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 12:57:07 GMT

1. Writing from FPGA to SRAM then to PC

2. FPGA design services, FPGA to ASIC conversion

3. ANNOUNCE: FPGA design with FPGA Express - UK Seminars

4. Please post FPGA questions in comp.arch.fpga

5. DLL of a Virtex FPGA and FPGA Express V3.3

6. FPGA design services in VHDL and Verilog, FPGA to ASIC conversion

7. ANNOUNCE: FPGA design with FPGA Express - UK Seminars

8. GNAT: Ada.Interrupts and Ada.Interrupts.Names

9. Interrupts in TSR interrupt handlers

10. PM Programming: Interrupts not interrupting

11. DOS Interrupt/BIOS interrupt function reference

12. interrupt handler for timer interrupt-shekhar