VHDL/Verilog coding style and archival?
Author Message
 VHDL/Verilog coding style and archival?

I'm looking for information on a couple of topics:

        1) I'm curious what various companies have done to
           standardize VHDL and/or Verilog coding style in
           order to obtain uniformity throughout the company
           (or division).  Have companies developed formal
           specifications (i.e. manuals) for coding style?

        2) One of the many powerful features of HDL-based design
           is code reusability.  I'm curious about what companies
           have done to facilitate/encourage design reuse.
           In particular, have companies set up databases of
           designs, code fragments, and documentation?  If so,
           how widely used are the databases?  How easy is it
           for an engineer to a) find out what's available, and
           b) retrieve it quickly and efficiently?

If you have any experiences or comments regarding these two
topics, I'd love to hear from you.  If I receive sufficient
feedback, I'll post a follow-up of my findings.

Thanks in advance...

Mike
Qualis Design Corporation

Fri, 26 Jan 1996 08:03:18 GMT

1. VHDL/Verilog coding style and archival?

2. Looking for VERILOG/VHDL Coding style rules!!! <-----

3. Looking for VERILOG/VHDL Coding style rules!!! <-----

4. What is best coding style in verilog?

5. Verilog coding style

6. Verilog Coding Style Standard

7. Technology Independent VHDL coding style

8. VHDL Style Guide for Portable Synthesisable Code

9. Vhdl coding style for fpga

10. VHDL Coding Style Question

11. VHDL coding style references

12. VHDL Coding Style references