Altera Megafunction in Exemplar Leonardo
Author Message
 Altera Megafunction in Exemplar Leonardo

Hi,

I want to use the Megafunction SCFIFO created with Maxplus 2.
The properties are:
- width: 1Bit
- deep: 8
- both sides are synchronized by one clock
- outputs: empty
- asynchronous clear
- show-ahead synchronous FIFO mode

I am targeting a FLEX6k.

After synthesis in Leonardo I get the message:
Warning, component scfifo has no visible entity binding.

During place&route the following message appears:
Warning: Illegal memory cell name "scfifo_1_8_on_on"
Error: can't find design file "scfifo_1_8_on_on"

If I use only Maxplus 2 everything works fine.

Is it possible to use megafunctions created with MaxPlus 2 any how?
How can I use these functions with Leonardo?

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks,
Thorsten

Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Altera Megafunction in Exemplar Leonardo

Quote:
> During place&route the following message appears:
> Warning: Illegal memory cell name "scfifo_1_8_on_on"
> Error: can't find design file "scfifo_1_8_on_on"

> If I use only Maxplus 2 everything works fine.

> Is it possible to use megafunctions created with MaxPlus 2 any how?
> How can I use these functions with Leonardo?

Hi,

What is missing is that Exemplar does not know what that module that you
just created is. What you have to do is make a small addition to that file
that MaxPlus2 just created for you.....And that change is to use the
black_box tag. And, a good idea is to put this black box "module" above the
megafuction module to ensure the compile sees it first.

However, I'm a verilog guy, so you will have to port this to VHDL....

Example:

module megafunction(
foo,
bar); /*exemplar synthesis black_box
input foo;
output bar;
endmodule

module megafunction_name(
bunch of stuff
);
more stuff

      megafunction megafunction (foo,bar);
       //probably some tags "LPM_" for instance

endmodule

Email me if you want more assistance

Xanatos

Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Altera dcfifo (Dual-Clock FIFO) megafunction

2. Exemplar Leonardo Experiences

3. Exemplar Leonardo ==> Atmel AT6010

4. leonardo synthesize tool (exemplar)

5. Exemplar Leonardo Experiences

6. Exemplar's Leonardo on Linux

7. Free Exemplar/Altera Workshop in Tampa, Florida

8. Free Exemplar/Altera Workshop

9. Free Exemplar/Altera Workshop in Tampa, Florida

10. troubles on the way from exemplar to Altera's MAX+PLUSII

11. Compiling Altera LPM on leonardo

12. Problem about Leonardo Spectrum with Altera MaxPlus II