Model Tech VSIM Question
Author Message
 Model Tech VSIM Question

 Does anyone know how to run Vsim in the Model Technology VHDL tools
in batch mode so to be able to read from stdin?

-Rich Auletta
 Electrical and Computer Engineering
 George Mason University

Sun, 10 Sep 1995 23:08:20 GMT
 Model Tech VSIM Question

Quote:

> Does anyone know how to run Vsim in the Model Technology VHDL tools
>in batch mode so to be able to read from stdin?

I use the Model Tech tool extensively, but I'm not sure what you're
asking.  What specifically are you trying to do?

What do you mean by batch mode?  If you're trying to get user input,
you can use pack1076 functions like printline and getline.

Wed, 13 Sep 1995 16:56:12 GMT
 Model Tech VSIM Question

Quote:

> Does anyone know how to run Vsim in the Model Technology VHDL tools
>in batch mode so to be able to read from stdin?

which version do you have?  the dos based or the windows version?

=bob

Bob Myers                        | You gotta watch out for those
Shyguy's AT&T SVR4 Unix/Uniboard | shy guys....you never know

Thu, 14 Sep 1995 20:29:55 GMT
 Model Tech VSIM Question

--

:
:  Does anyone know how to run Vsim in the Model Technology VHDL tools
:  in batch mode so to be able to read from stdin?
:

I use a Sun version of VSIM and I only have to type

  vsim entity <input_file >output file

VSIM works in batch mode when stdin is not connected to a terminal.
In this case all output is written to stdout and not to the transcript
file specified in vsystem.ini.
I don't know whether the entity to be simulated is required on the
command line, I always did it in this way.

Sun, 17 Sep 1995 23:14:19 GMT
 Model Tech VSIM Question

Quote:

>:
>:  Does anyone know how to run Vsim in the Model Technology VHDL tools
>:  in batch mode so to be able to read from stdin?
>:
>I use a Sun version of VSIM and I only have to type

>  vsim entity <input_file >output file

>VSIM works in batch mode when stdin is not connected to a terminal.
>In this case all output is written to stdout and not to the transcript
>file specified in vsystem.ini.
>I don't know whether the entity to be simulated is required on the
>command line, I always did it in this way.

   Just to put this thread to rest (I had already answered the original
author via email).  The "-c" switch on the VSIM command will force the
simulator to run in a so-called batch mode (or non-graphical mode).

  Not sure why a simple phone call to Model Tech wouldn't have answered
this one ?  There hot-line is pretty good.

TopDown Design Solutions    518 387 6709  (temp office)
Nashua, NH                  603 888 8811  (real office)

Mon, 18 Sep 1995 21:33:59 GMT

1. C model in model tech.

2. Quick question for Model Tech. experts:

3. VSIM Simulation Question

4. ModelSim main vsim window question.

5. Model Tech and verilog gates

6. Model Tech VHDL

7. FPGA - Leonardo spectrom+Model tech - timing ???

8. Cosimulation in Model-V tech

9. Model Tech and Vital VHDL netlists

10. Testing HW/SW Integration with Model Tech

11. linking C with VHDL, Model Tech, V-system/Windows