Xilinx Foundation Sudent Edition and The Practical Xilinx Designer Lab Book
Author Message
 Xilinx Foundation Sudent Edition and The Practical Xilinx Designer Lab Book

I am using "The Practical Xilinx Designer Lab Book" for Xilinx
Foundation Sudent Edition 1.5 and I upgraded to Xilinx Foundation
Sudent Edition 2.1i.
I typed in the program "Asynchronous Memory" ( mem1_40 )and received
these syntax error messages. I also ran the program that was on the
CD, with the same results. Is anyone out there that that has
experience with this book?

Error: C:/xcproj-v/mem1_40/mem1.vhd  line -3   Library logical name
XSE is not mapped to a host directory. (VSS-1071)
(FPGA-dm-hdlc-unknown)
 Error   L5/C0 : #0 Error: C:/xcproj-v/mem1_40/mem1.vhd  line 5   No
selected element named LED is defined for this prefix.  (VSS-573)
 Error   L21/C0 : #0 Error: C:/xcproj-v/mem1_40/mem1.vhd  line 21
The intermediate file for entity MEM1 is not in the library bound to
WORK.  (VSS-1084)
 3 error(s) 0 warning(s) found

Line and Text:

3 LIBRARY IEEE,xse;

5 Use xse.led.ALL;

21 ARCHITECTURE  mem1_arch OF mem1 IS

Mon, 03 May 2004 05:19:05 GMT
 Xilinx Foundation Sudent Edition and The Practical Xilinx Designer Lab Book

Quote:
> I am using "The Practical Xilinx Designer Lab Book" for Xilinx
> Foundation Sudent Edition 1.5 and I upgraded to Xilinx Foundation
> Sudent Edition 2.1i.
> I typed in the program "Asynchronous Memory" ( mem1_40 )and received
> these syntax error messages. I also ran the program that was on the
> CD, with the same results. Is anyone out there that that has
> experience with this book?

mem1_arch OF mem1 IS

It might be worth checking the Xilinx web site to see if there is a service
pack for the software, and to see if this error is documented.

Leon
--

http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller
Low-cost Altera Flex design kit: http://www.leonheller.com

Mon, 03 May 2004 16:03:51 GMT

1. xilinx foundation series/ xilinx student edition software

2. Xilinx Foundation 2.1i

3. Xilinx Foundation Software Eval Pkg Won't Instal

4. XILINX Foundation UCF Problem

5. Xilinx Foundation Series 1.5 Verilog RAMs

6. XILINX FOUNDATION STUFF!!

7. Xilinx Foundation F2.1i SE

8. IFDs in Xilinx Foundation 4.1i

9. xilinx foundation 2.1 RPC problem on win2000

10. wait statement on Xilinx Foundation.

11. Problems with Synthesis and Implementation in Xilinx Foundation 3.3i SP8(ELITE)

12. text output under Xilinx foundation