needed : fitting and routage tools for fpga.
Author Message
 needed : fitting and routage tools for fpga.

Alliance handles a subset of VHDL (no sequencial process).  As long as
you
can live with combinatory logic synthesis only, you can use it to test
out
your logic and convert it to compile with the vendor's VHDL compiler.
Most
vendors provide some kind of VHDL logic synthesis, but not simulations.
I got some interface tools to run the alliance simulator, you can try it
at
        http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~rod1/vhdl

Please e-mail me if you can't download it.

Quote:

> Please, Help me find a fitting tool and routage tool, for Fpga Xiling or
> Altera .
> did Alliance do that ?

> (i'am a french student with no money ... so i need a cheap/free solution !)

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

        http://www.best.com/~rod1/vhdl

Please e-mail me if you can't download it.

Quote:

> Please, Help me find a fitting tool and routage tool, for Fpga Xiling or
> Altera .
> did Alliance do that ?

> (i'am a french student with no money ... so i need a cheap/free solution !)

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 needed : fitting and routage tools for fpga.

Please, Help me find a fitting tool and routage tool, for Fpga Xiling or
Altera .
did Alliance do that ?

(i'am a french student with no money ... so i need a cheap/free solution !)

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 needed : fitting and routage tools for fpga.

Quote:

> Please, Help me find a fitting tool and routage tool, for Fpga Xiling or
> Altera .
> did Alliance do that ?
> (i'am a french student with no money ... so i need a cheap/free solution !)

Wouldn't that be nice? It seems the only option is to send several
thousand Xilinx's way :-(

Hamish

--

Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    4th year, RMIT.
http://hamish.home.ml.org/ (PGP key here)             CPOM: [******    ] 64%
Get a stable, reliable &  upgradable operating system free at www.debian.org

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 needed : fitting and routage tools for fpga.

Not quite several tousand.  Not cheap either but for $495 one can get Xilinx with
VHDL.
Part number=FND-BSX-PC.

Quote:

> > Please, Help me find a fitting tool and routage tool, for Fpga Xiling or
> > Altera .
> > did Alliance do that ?

> > (i'am a french student with no money ... so i need a cheap/free solution !)

> Wouldn't that be nice? It seems the only option is to send several
> thousand Xilinx's way :-(

> Hamish

> --

> Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    4th year, RMIT.
> http://hamish.home.ml.org/ (PGP key here)             CPOM: [******    ] 64%
> Get a stable, reliable &  upgradable operating system free at www.debian.org

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 needed : fitting and routage tools for fpga.

Sorry, i forgot to change email address.

Quote:

> Alliance handles a subset of VHDL (no sequencial process).  As long as
> you can live with combinatory logic synthesis only, you can use it to
> test out your logic and convert it to compile with the vendor's VHDL
> compiler.  Most vendors provide some kind of VHDL logic synthesis,
> but not simulations. I got some interface tools to run the alliance
> simulator, you can try it at

>         http://www.best.com/~rod1/vhdl

> Please e-mail me if you can't download it.

> > Please, Help me find a fitting tool and routage tool, for Fpga Xiling or
> > Altera .
> > did Alliance do that ?

> > (i'am a french student with no money ... so i need a cheap/free solution !)

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 needed : fitting and routage tools for fpga.

You can find free or low-cost versions of the Xilinx and Altera tools on The
Programmable Logic Jump Station at http://www.optimagic.com/lowcost.html.

The Altera PLS-WEB package is a free download (see
http://www.optimagic.com/lowcost.html#DeviceVendors).  The Xilinx tools are
$99 (see http://www.optimagic.com/lowcost.html#VeryLow).

Both Altera and Xilinx have "Student Edition" text books that also contain
the software.  The Xilinx Student Edition sells for US$87 and is available
at http://www.optimagic.com/books.html#Xilinx.  The Altera books is US$98
and is available at http://www.optimagic.com/books.html#Altera.

Steven K. Knapp
OptiMagic, Inc. -- "Great Designs Happen 'OptiMagic'-ally"

   Web:  http://www.optimagic.com

>Please, Help me find a fitting tool and routage tool, for Fpga Xiling or
>Altera .
>did Alliance do that ?

>(i'am a french student with no money ... so i need a cheap/free solution !)

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 needed : fitting and routage tools for fpga.

Quote:
> Not quite several tousand.  Not cheap either but for $495 one can get Xilinx with
> VHDL.
> Part number=FND-BSX-PC.

That's better than thousands, although not really student priced
unfortunately. Which XC parts does it target? I would like to work with
XC2000 and XC3000 but Xilinx Foundation Series appears to only like 4000+.

thanks,
Hamish

Get a stable, reliable &  upgradable operating system free at www.debian.org

Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Fitted Software Tools Modula-2

2. Fitted Tools Software Modula-2 Version 3.1

3. Fitted Software Tools Modula-2,

4. Fitted Software Tools Mod

5. FITTED SOFTWARE TOOLS

6. Fitted Software Tools Modula-2 Compiler Question

7. How do I reach Fitted Software Tools??

8. Best Poly Fit Coefficients do not agree with Best Poly Fit

9. Repost: New CAD tools for new Xilinx XC6200 FPGA

10. New CAD tools for new Xilinx XC6200 FPGA

11. A petition for Synplify's new fature (FPGA synthesis tool)

12. Update: A petition for Synplify's new fature (FPGA synthesis tool)