16550 Model
Author Message
 16550 Model

 I am looking for a synthesizable model for a 16550 UART either in VHDL or
Verilog.  Does anyone have one that they could offer me. Please email me at

Thanks

Sun, 02 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 16550 Model
You know your cannot do a 16550 without a license
since you are violating patents?

--
This is a personal view which may or may not be shared
by my employer         Atmel Sweden

Quote:
> I am looking for a synthesizable model for a 16550 UART either in VHDL or
>Verilog.  Does anyone have one that they could offer me. Please email me at

>Thanks

Sun, 02 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 16550 Model
Check the following web page for the VHDL model:
www.cast-inc.com/cores/c16550/c16550.htm

CAST models are not cheap, but the quality is generally high.

Quote:

>  I am looking for a synthesizable model for a 16550 UART either in VHDL or
> Verilog.  Does anyone have one that they could offer me. Please email me at

> Thanks

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 16550 Model

>  I am looking for a synthesizable model for a 16550 UART either in VHDL or
> Verilog.  Does anyone have one that they could offer me. Please email me at

You may take a look at section 4.9 (part 1) of the FAQ
(http://www.vhdl.org/comp.lang.vhdl/). It lists several
UART/USART models.

--
Edwin

Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. 16550 UART Model

2. synthesizable 16550 Verilog model

3. A problem with interfacing with UART 16550

4. 16550 register compatible UART

5. 16550 UART

6. 16550 fifo

7. 16550 FIFO register

8. 16550 UARTS: 8251 compatible?

9. 16550 uart

10. Detecting 8250 versus 16550 com port

11. communications/16550 source wanted

12. 16550 UARTs