Internal nodes of an XOR tree
Author Message
 Internal nodes of an XOR tree

Hi,
I have created an xor tree using a recursive entity and generic (e.g.,
512 bits). However, I want to access every node in the tree in a
generic fashion in VHDL (depending on the size of the tree). Could
anyone help me in accessing every node in the tree?
Thanks in advance
 Here a piece of the code

entity xor_tree is
 generic (height: positive:= 512);
 port (input: in std_ulogic_vector(2**height-1 downto 0);
       output: out std_ulogic);
end entity xor_tree;

architecture recursive of xor_tree is
 signal bottom_output, top_output: std_ulogic;
begin
 BASE: if height = 1 generate
 begin
  output <= input(1) xor input(0);
 end generate;

 SUBTREE: if height > 1 generate
 begin
  BOTTOM_TREE: component xor_tree
  generic map (height => (height - 1))
  port map (input => input(2**height-1 downto 2**(height-1)),
            output => bottom_output);

  TOP_TREE: component xor_tree
  generic map (height => (height - 1))
  port map (input => input(2**(height-1)-1 downto 0),
            output => top_output);

  output <= bottom_output xor top_output;
 end generate;

end architecture recursive;

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 00:18:28 GMT

1. Internal Nodes of an XOR tree

2. Internal node MEMO

3. debug for internal node

4. Testbench question - accessing internal nodes

5. Probing internal nodes in modules from outside

6. Tree nodes and CwWidget

7. ActiveX tree control's wiat event does not abort after nodes are added

8. Building Tree for list of nodes in level order

9. <tree-node> in DUIM

10. Help: TREEs, NODEs, and COLLECTIONs

11. NODE tree introspection

12. random node in tree