Has CDN's Synergy have 1 (or both) foot (feet) in the grave?
Author Message
 Has CDN's Synergy have 1 (or both) foot (feet) in the grave?

Quote:
>Would like to hear those anti-Synopsys folks out there
>on the fact that Cadence may have given in --
>see http://www.*-*-*.com/
>before responding.

>As I recall, some Telecom folks in Israel didn't like
>Synopsys, altghough there may be others.

>regards,
>Jim Mrowca

Jim, From what I've heard through the grape vine, Cadence Synergy is pretty
much a dead product that's no longer going to be improved or supported.
That is, Cadence has manged to cut deals with Synopsys and Ambit for
synthesis tools and therefore it makes no sense to keep pushing their own
home grown synthesis tool, Synergy.

                           - John Cooley
                             Part Time EDA Consumer Advocate
                             Full Time ASIC, FPGA & EDA Design Consultant

 Trapped trying to figure out a Synopsys bug?  Want to hear how 5459 other
 users dealt with it ?  Then join the E-Mail Synopsys Users Group (ESNUG)!

     /o o\  /  it's a FEATURE!"                 (508) 429-4357
    (  >  )
     \ - /     - John Cooley, EDA & ASIC Design Consultant in Synopsys,
     _] [_         Verilog, VHDL and numerous Design Methodologies.

     Holliston Poor Farm, P.O. Box 6222, Holliston, MA  01746-6222
   Legal Disclaimer: "As always, anything said here is only opinion."

Sat, 20 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Has CDN's Synergy have 1 (or both) foot (feet) in the grave?

Quote:

> >Would like to hear those anti-Synopsys folks out there
> >on the fact that Cadence may have given in --

> Jim, From what I've heard through the grape vine, Cadence Synergy is pretty
> much a dead product that's no longer going to be improved or supported.
> That is, Cadence has manged to cut deals with Synopsys and Ambit for
> synthesis tools and therefore it makes no sense to keep pushing their own
> home grown synthesis tool, Synergy.

What about the supposed Exemplar Logic demise of Autologic
(see EETimes)?

regards, Jim
(opinions my own, not necessarily mirroring my employer)

Mon, 29 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Has CDN's Synergy have 1 (or both) foot (feet) in the grave?

2. #(#feet 1/12) give me (#feet 1 $/ 12)

3. shooting feet, I've lost it somehow

4. having trouble 'making' XF

5. Shooting Feet

6. Top Ten ways to shoot yourself in the foot

7. Two Feet of Forth

8. foot in yourself shoot ?

9. "Shooting yourself in the foot"

10. REQUEST: Shooting yourself in the foot

11. Shooting yourself in the foot with Ruby

12. Sticking my foot in it