Orcad problem
Author Message
 Orcad problem

I have a problem in programming a 22V10 using Orcad express version
7.2.and VHDL.
A simple 8-bit synchronous counter programs fine, but I cannot find any
way of controlling the tri-state gates on the outputs. If I include any
reference to "ZZZZZZZZ",

e.g. cntr<=std_logic_vector(present_count) when (enable='1')
             else "ZZZZZZZZ"

the enable lines for the macrocells are connected to the input pin, but
the configuration fuses (5808 upwards) are all set to the combinational
mode (11 instead of 10).
Has any one any suggestions?
Gil Harrison

Sat, 26 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Orcad problem
Sure,

Use the Cypress Warp tool for a 22V10.   It will work.

I beleive that the high end tools are less functional than the vendor
supplied tools and Warp is the best for PALs.

Send me the code if you want me to run it for you.  Daytime

No, I don't work for Cypress.   It is just that if I am going to do a PAL,
it is with their tool.

Clyde

Quote:

> I have a problem in programming a 22V10 using Orcad express version
> 7.2.and VHDL.
> A simple 8-bit synchronous counter programs fine, but I cannot find any
> way of controlling the tri-state gates on the outputs. If I include any
> reference to "ZZZZZZZZ",

> e.g. cntr<=std_logic_vector(present_count) when (enable='1')
>              else "ZZZZZZZZ"

> the enable lines for the macrocells are connected to the input pin, but
> the configuration fuses (5808 upwards) are all set to the combinational
> mode (11 instead of 10).
> Has any one any suggestions?
> Gil Harrison

Sat, 09 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems with Orcad Express and Orcad Tech. Support

2. --LOOKING FOR ORCAD PROGRAM--

3. PCB, Cadence, OrCAD, Protel, FPGA, VHDL, Natinst, Xilinx, Siemens Simatic,

4. OrCAD-to-Verilog net lister needed

5. ORCAD Express still suck ?

6. VHDL in OrCad/Capture

7. ORCAD EXPRESS / Synplicity (feeling stuck)

8. Altera FL-BGA 672 pins (ep20k300e) Lib (OLB) for ORCAD

9. orcad synthesis for simplepld

10. Orcad V6.11 to V9

11. Convert OrCad capture bus to std_logic_vector(...

12. NEWEST ORCAD WAREZ!!