Help with multiple signal Assignments
Author Message
 Help with multiple signal Assignments

Hello,

I am trying to develop a simple vhdl program so that I can compute a
16 point DFT (discrete fourier transform) for a school project.  I'm
using Altera Max2Plus's software to compile my vhdl.  They provide a
megafunction called lpm_ram_dq to implement asynchronous ram.  Now, I
am using this to house my 8x8 cosine-lut ROM.

Now, here's the problem: I also have a nested FOR loop inside a
process statement that I loop over indices k and n.  I need to be able
to grab a cosine value from my ROM during each iteration of the loop
and store it into a variable -but It won't work.  I get the error :

"Found multiple assignments to the same signal "theta_address" in a
Process Statement - only the last assignement will take effect"

the ROM uses signals to assign an address and acquire the resulting
value in ROM.

What am I doing wrong here?  What is the best way to implement LUT for
a cosine so that I can use it to grab values at each iteration of the
loop -not the just the last one!!!

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.

Steve Jones

Tue, 11 May 2004 12:19:24 GMT

1. Variable/Signal assigned by multiple non-blocking assignments

2. Pls see if you can help....assignment of signal

3. conditional signal assignment

4. Signal <=Variable assignment?

5. Signal Assignment conflicts, What can I do?

6. final assignment of a internal declared signal and output port

7. Signal assignment mismatch with Aldec 5.1 problem

8. question about signal assignment in "case"

9. Time Delay in signal assignment

10. Parent Signal Assignment inside Procedure?

11. signal assignment

12. Use of hex values for selected signal assignment