vhdl templates for emacs
Author Message
 vhdl templates for emacs

Hi,

I'm using Emacs (for NT) as a VHDL editor. I am wondering whether anyone
has come up with some add-ons for automatically generating templates.

I need something that, when opening a new VHDL file to start editing,
automatically fills in:

- header description, including filename, title, designer, date created,
description, etc

- specifies sections for constants, signal declarations, component
declarations etc ..

Does this already exist somewhere?

Thanks for any help,

Andrew Phillips
Supercomputing Systems AG
Zurich, Switzerland

Sat, 07 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 vhdl templates for emacs

> Hi,

> I'm using Emacs (for NT) as a VHDL editor. I am wondering whether anyone
> has come up with some add-ons for automatically generating templates.

> I need something that, when opening a new VHDL file to start editing,
> automatically fills in:

> - header description, including filename, title, designer, date created,
> description, etc

> - specifies sections for constants, signal declarations, component
> declarations etc ..

> Does this already exist somewhere?

Try vhdl-mode-3.2 from Reto Zimmermann and Rod Whitby:

        http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/8287/

Bye,...
Edwin

Sat, 07 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 vhdl templates for emacs

Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm using Emacs (for NT) as a VHDL editor. I am wondering whether anyone
> has come up with some add-ons for automatically generating templates.

> I need something that, when opening a new VHDL file to start editing,
> automatically fills in:

> - header description, including filename, title, designer, date created,
> description, etc

> - specifies sections for constants, signal declarations, component
> declarations etc ..

> Does this already exist somewhere?

Did you look at the latest VHDL mode at:

http://www.iis.ee.ethz.ch/~zimmi/vhdl-mode.html

They have done a fantastic job of getting the various modes and
extentions together into one very usable package.

TomT...
--
+------------------------ ---------------------- ----------------------+
: t2design                                                             :

+------------------------ ---------------------- ----------------------+

Sat, 07 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 vhdl templates for emacs

Quote:

> I am using  Reto Zimmermann vhdl-mode.el version 3.10, i have made some
> modifications in the file to invoke the header automatically when you load a
> new file etc....
> Implementation is simple, write a lisp function which checks for the file
> extension, and also the contents of the buffer, if the file is of expected
> type and if the buffer is empty call the function vhdl-header which is already
> present.
> If required, the modified file is present with me, i can distribute it, if
> there are no problems for redistribution.

Have you considered sending your modifications to

distribution ?

BTW, the latest version of vhdl-mode is 3.21, and you can get it via
my web site listed below.

--
-- Rod Whitby, Staff Engineer, Electronic Design Automation --
-- Motorola Australia Software Centre - Adelaide, Australia --

Mon, 09 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Free VHDL Editor: Emacs VHDL Mode 3.28

2. VHDL-AMS support in Emacs VHDL Mode

3. Emacs VHDL editing mode (vhdl-mode.el version 2.74)

4. Emacs VHDL editing mode (vhdl-mode.el version 2.71)

5. Emacs VHDL editing mode (vhdl-mode.el version 2.56.1.1)

6. Emacs VHDL editing mode (vhdl-mode.el version 2.56.1.1)

7. VHDL mode for Emacs (vhdl-mode.el version 2.50)

8. VHDL mode for emacs (Really: Structural VHDL code...)

9. ANNOUNCEMENT: Ada95 Language Templates for Emacs users

10. Announce: New version of Python Templates for Emacs

11. NEW VHDL Book + CD with GNU EMACS

12. New EMACS mode for VHDL/Verilog