New VHDL tool released.
Author Message
 New VHDL tool released.

Hi there in the world,'vca' is out !!!

EventS released a new freeware tool 'vca', which checks the syntax of
VHDL source files; it is very small and extremly fast !

'vca' is available for various platforms and really free.

Check it out ...

--
/*************************************************************/
/* EventS - Software Events - Event Software                 */

/* http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;                     */
/*************************************************************/

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 New VHDL tool released.

Quote:

> Hi there in the world,'vca' is out !!!

> EventS released a new freeware tool 'vca', which checks the syntax of
> VHDL source files; it is very small and extremly fast !

> 'vca' is available for various platforms and really free.

> Check it out ...

I did.  VHDL-87 only, syntax checking with no error recovery or
diagnostics (just says "parse error"), and no semantic analysis.

Is this just the first part of a larger project?  What's the plan and
schedule?  As it stands, it's not really very useful.

Cheers,

PA
--

University of Cincinnati               Phone:   +1 513 556 4756
PO Box 210030                          Fax:     +1 513 556 7326

                http://www.cs.adelaide.edu.au/~petera/
                      (includes PGP public key)

Sun, 02 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 New VHDL tool released.

It performs a pure syntax check at this time and if you take a look at the
EventS-web site you will see that 'vca' has reached version 0.5.0, so the
version number says that there is a lot to do and the tool is still under
developement. Check it out and send us your ideas, so you can take
influence.

Version 0.5.5 will have error recovering and will be available in the next
two weeks.

Cheers
   Joerg

Thu, 06 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. New release of `jstools' (new tool)

2. The Clarion Handy Tools - New Build Just Released...

3. DAS Tools - New Release Announcement

4. New Release of LabVIEW Data Tools and Variant Config

5. FW: [ANN] New release of Ruby Development Tools plugin for Eclipse

6. Adasubst/Adadep: new free semantic tools for Ada released

7. New VHDL prettyfier and printout tool MVP v2.5

8. New Release of Free Ada 95 Compiler and Tools for MSDOS

9. New Release of Free Ada 95 Compiler and Tools for DOS

10. New release of aflex/ayacc tools is available

11. Alsys releases new C++ tool, but not for .....

12. New Release of Free Ada 95 Compiler/Tool Kit for DOS