ANNOUNCE: VHDL Editor
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: VHDL Editor

If you need a VHDL editor you may want to try Zeus.

A powerful text editor designed specifically for programmers working on
the Windows 3.x, Windows 95 or Windows NT platforms. Features include
emulation of Brief, Epsilon, Emacs and Wordstar keymaps, status bar,
toolbar, syntax colorizing (fully configurable), background compiler,
inline error correction, unlimited undo/redo, keyboard macro's,
templates.

See the Zeus home page for lots of details and screen shots
    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 23 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: VHDL Editor

Quote:

> A powerful text editor designed specifically for programmers working on
> the Windows 3.x, Windows 95 or Windows NT platforms. Features include
> emulation of Brief, Epsilon, Emacs and Wordstar keymaps, status bar,
> toolbar, syntax colorizing (fully configurable), background compiler,
> inline error correction, unlimited undo/redo, keyboard macro's,
> templates.

Announcing a new VHDL editor for UNIX: EMACS!

Features include emulation of Brief, EMACS (duh!), a status bar, toolbar
syntax colorizing (fully configurable), ...
--
You known it's a rock when it lands on your head.
    -- Qanuc proverb, "Memory, Sorrow and Thorn".

http://homepages.munich.netsurf.de/Jonathan.Connell/
Fax    : +49 89 4144-2334      | Tel : +49 89 4144-0
Post   : Siemens AG, HL MCB PE 16, Postfach 801709, D-81617 Muenchen

Tue, 23 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: VHDL Editor

:>
:>: > A powerful text editor designed specifically for programmers working on
:> > the Windows 3.x, Windows 95 or Windows NT platforms. Features include
:> > emulation of Brief, Epsilon, Emacs and Wordstar keymaps, status bar,
:> > toolbar, syntax colorizing (fully configurable), background compiler,
:> > inline error correction, unlimited undo/redo, keyboard macro's,
:> > templates.
:>
:> Announcing a new VHDL editor for UNIX: EMACS!
;>
:> Features include emulation of Brief, EMACS (duh!), a status bar, toolbar
:> syntax colorizing (fully configurable), ...

duhhh,great EMACS, will it work on my cheapo home PC?

pat

Tue, 23 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: VHDL Editor

Quote:

>:>

>:>: > A powerful text editor designed specifically for programmers working on
[snip]
>:> Announcing a new VHDL editor for UNIX: EMACS!
>;>
>:> Features include emulation of Brief, EMACS (duh!), a status bar, toolbar
>:> syntax colorizing (fully configurable), ...

>duhhh,great EMACS, will it work on my cheapo home PC?

Yes.  I believe they even have a version for NT and 95.  You could also
run Linux and get all of the great unix tools for free (well, the cost of
most Linux CDROMs is about $20, a lot less than the $130 for NT).

Phil

--

"Those who do not wish to recall have already had enough time - and will
have more - to destroy all documents, down to the very last one."

Wed, 24 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: VHDL Editor

| :>: > A powerful text editor designed specifically for programmers working on
| :> > the Windows 3.x, Windows 95 or Windows NT platforms. Features include
| :>
| :> Announcing a new VHDL editor for UNIX: EMACS!
| ;>
| :> Features include emulation of Brief, EMACS (duh!), a status bar, toolbar
| :> syntax colorizing (fully configurable), ...
|
| duhhh,great EMACS, will it work on my cheapo home PC?

If your cheapo PC can run Win95, it can run Linux and Emacs just as
well.

Wed, 24 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: VHDL Editor

Quote:

> :>

> :>: > A powerful text editor designed specifically for programmers working on
> :> > the Windows 3.x, Windows 95 or Windows NT platforms. Features include
> :> > emulation of Brief, Epsilon, Emacs and Wordstar keymaps, status bar,
> :> > toolbar, syntax colorizing (fully configurable), background compiler,
> :> > inline error correction, unlimited undo/redo, keyboard macro's,
> :> > templates.
> :>
> :> Announcing a new VHDL editor for UNIX: EMACS!
> ;>
> :> Features include emulation of Brief, EMACS (duh!), a status bar, toolbar
> :> syntax colorizing (fully configurable), ...

> duhhh,great EMACS, will it work on my cheapo home PC?

> pat

Yes. There is a special version for MS windows - WinEmacs. It is
a nice port of xemacs. I have it in my PC at home and it works as
a train, but... I still like multi-edit more.

Michal
--

MScEE, PhD                              Ericsson Radio Systems BV
Digital IC Design Engineer              P.O. Box 2015

Fri, 26 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: VHDL Editor

You can get GNU Emacs on Windows NT and Windows 95.

Latest version available is 19.34.

See http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/voelker/ntemacs.html

/Steve
--
======== Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Analogy, Inc. =========

Analogy, Inc.                         Phone: (503)520-2717
9205 SW Gemini Drive                  Fax:   (503)643-3361
Beaverton, Oregon 97008               Web:   http://www.analogy.com

Fri, 26 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: VHDL Editor

Quote:

> :> Announcing a new VHDL editor for UNIX: EMACS!
> ;>
> :> Features include emulation of Brief, EMACS (duh!), a status bar, toolbar
> :> syntax colorizing (fully configurable), ...

> duhhh,great EMACS, will it work on my cheapo home PC?

What d'you wanna edit VHDL on your home PC for anyway?

But as everyone else has said... Yes it does.
--
If you want to carry a hungry weasel in your pocket, that's your
business.
    -- Qanuc proverb, "Memory, Sorrow and Thorn".

http://homepages.munich.netsurf.de/Jonathan.Connell/
Fax    : +49 89 4144-2334      | Tel : +49 89 4144-0
Post   : Siemens AG, HL MCB PE 16, Postfach 801709, D-81617 Muenchen

Sat, 27 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: VHDL Editor

We offer a very nice source code editor called
                SLEDGEHAMMER-4
which VHDL and Verilog developers may want to consider.
Product Info at:  http://www.vhdl.com

Sun, 28 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: VHDL Editor

Folks,

Check out http://www.vhdl.com.au for your FREE evaluation copy
of Setanta ED. It is a fully functional VHDL Editor, and as a
bonus supports around 30 other languages.

Features include:

-Colorised keywords
-language template expansion
-no limit to file size (given infinite disk!)
- and much much more!!

Check out the "Getting Started with Setanta ED" link from this
web site, so you'll be up and running in no time.

-John Maher

 Technical Director
 VHDL System Solutions P/L
 Victoria,
 Australia

Sun, 28 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: VHDL Editor

: We offer a very nice source code editor called
:               SLEDGEHAMMER-4
: which VHDL and Verilog developers may want to consider.
: Product Info at:  http://www.vhdl.com

Does it run on Unix/Linux?

Mon, 29 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: VHDL Editor

Can SLEDGEHAMMER-4 do syntax style checking/correction?
If not, then there are apparently a fairly unexploited market
in this area!

Regards Henning Larsen

Quote:

> We offer a very nice source code editor called
>                 SLEDGEHAMMER-4
> which VHDL and Verilog developers may want to consider.
> Product Info at:  http://www.vhdl.com

Henning E. Larsen                       Risoe National Laboratory
ELM-109,       Box 49,       DK-4000 Roskilde,       Denmark

Mon, 29 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: VHDL Editor

: : We offer a very nice source code editor called
: :             SLEDGEHAMMER-4
: : which VHDL and Verilog developers may want to consider.
: : Product Info at:  http://www.vhdl.com

: Does it run on Unix/Linux?

: --

: Institut fuer Kernphysik  Schlossgartenstrasse 9  64289 Darmstadt
: --------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------

Hi;

Is this product freeware ?
Its seems to be a good tool for my courses on VHDL.

Cheers
--

Pat.

                                \^ ^/

                  +---------oOO--(_)-------------+
                  |      Patrice Kadionik        |

                  +-----------------Oooo--oOO----+
                              oooO (   )
                             (   )  ) /
                              \ (  (_/
                               \_)

"Tout doit etre aussi simple que possible, pas seulement
plus simple"
Patrice Kadionik                 Voice : +33 0556846540
   IXL                           Fax   : +33 0556841545

33405 TALENCE cedex
FRANCE

Mon, 05 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: VHDL Editor

Quote:

> : : We offer a very nice source code editor called
> : :             SLEDGEHAMMER-4
> : : which VHDL and Verilog developers may want to consider.
> : : Product Info at:  http://www.vhdl.com

> : Does it run on Unix/Linux?

Sledgehammer-4 runs on Windows-3.1,3.11,95 and NT
Please review the information on our web site at
        http://www.vhdl.com
While you're there, you can register to win Snappy, a
popular video frame grabber from Play, Inc.

Tue, 06 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: VHDL Editor

2. Free VHDL Editor: Emacs VHDL Mode 3.28

3. VHDL Mode for VI Editor? VHDL

4. VHDL code editor for Windows NT.

5. any good VHDL editor?

6. Free VHDL editor in tcl/tk

7. Making VHDL look the same in different text editors

8. VHDL editor for PC

9. VHDL Editor

10. Any good 3rd party editor for VHDL?

11. Shareware VHDL editor?