Tracing Variables in Synopsys
Author Message
 Tracing Variables in Synopsys

Hi,

i`m having difficulty tracing variables in the synopsys waveform
viewer.
i have no problems viewing signals but cannot seem to find in the
documentation how to view variables. To view signals I input "trace
*'signal" but trying the same for variables doesn't work. Can anyone
help me?

Many thanks in advance,
Falko

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 04:28:13 GMT
 Tracing Variables in Synopsys

Quote:

> i`m having difficulty tracing variables in the synopsys waveform
> viewer.
> i have no problems viewing signals but cannot seem to find in the
> documentation how to view variables. To view signals I input "trace
> *'signal" but trying the same for variables doesn't work.

Modelsim allows viewing the *final* variable value per
clock cycle, but you have to specify a process identifier to see it.
You have to trace code to see any intermediate values. I don't know
if synopsys simulation can do either with variables.

In any case, you can view signals that receive
or are affected by the variable values.

    -- Mike Treseler

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 07:34:41 GMT

1. Synopsys traces -> TDPA

2. Synopsys 3.1 unable to trace with generate?

3. Synthesizable bit slices with variable lengths (for synopsys)

4. Tracing a variable's value

5. variable dependency tracing (source code level)

6. variable traces

7. Tracing instance variables

8. COBOL program variable trace using CEDF

9. variable dependency tracing (source code level)

10. tracing a variable

11. Bug fix in Tkinter trace variable patch

12. Trace variables in Python?