VHDL Text Book
Author Message
 VHDL Text Book

Some textbooks available on VHDL include:
"VHDL: Hardware Description and Design" by Roger Lipsett, et al
"Introduction to VHDL Based Design using VHDL" by Steve Carlson
"The VHDL Handbook" by David Coelho
"Chip Level Modeling with VHDL" by Jim Armstrong

However, I recommend "VHDL" by Douglas Perry.
It is the best introductory text of the books I've looked at.  However, it is
sometimes difficult to find answers to specfic questions. For example, it would
be nice if it contained in one place a definition of all the operators
available--arithmetic,logical,relational. Especially arithmetic which don't
even appear in the index.  There is a 2nd edition available now that may
address some of my gripes.

Jim Armstrong also has a new book co-written with F. Gray, "Structured Logic
Design with VHDL". But I haven't seen it.

Dan Barnum
Westinghouse Norden Systems

Mon, 03 Mar 1997 03:34:32 GMT

1. VHDL Text Book

2. New book on PSL/SUGAR with Verilog and VHDL

3. Advanced Books on Verilog and VHDL?

4. New book: Real Chip DSGN and Verification, Verilog/VHDL

5. NEW VHDL Book + CD with GNU EMACS

6. Please recommend a book for learning VHDL.

7. ***Verilog,VHDL and Synthesis courses taught by author of Verilog book*******

8. Verlog/vhdl Books

9. Book on VHDL

10. just bought Cohen's book...Real Chip Design and Verification using Verilog and VHDL

11. Good newbie verilog or VHDL book