SystemC, any users or tools?
Author Message
 SystemC, any users or tools?

Hello all,
Recently I came across the Open SystemC initiative
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) and was curious how well received it has been
in the community.  It seems that many of the big players (i.e. Synopsys,
Cadence, CoWare, TI, and NEC to name a few) are on the steering
committee, but I have not been able to find any examples of a company
doing a 'real world' design in SystemC yet.  Perhaps it is too early to
look for adopters of this new design methodology, but I would be
interested to know of anyone who has looked at SystemC as a potential
solution for their design process.

The SystemC web page has available their Beta 1.1 available for
download, which solves the issue of simulating a design done in SystemC,
however it seems that there is a fairly large void in the back end
support.  Currently I see no way of taking a SystemC specification and
generating a usable netlist, as there are no SystemC synthesis tools
available.  In addition to any companies proactively looking at SystemC
as a design language, is there anyone working on an implementation path
for SystemC to physical implementation (ASIC or FPGA)?

Anyone have any impressions of SystemC yet?

Thanks for any pointers.

Sincerely,
Ian

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:33:42 GMT

1. SystemC, any users or tools?

2. SystemC to VHDL - CoCentric SystemC Compiler

3. test tool for user interfaces

4. End User Ad Hoc/Inquery Report Tools for Windows

5. I Need an End User Query Tool

6. End-User Print Layout Design Tools?

7. Kicking remote web users from run-time application made with web publishing tool

8. Doc Toolkit 1.0.0 - E-Text tools for Palm Computing platform users

9. A tool for all Windows Object Rexx users (I think)

10. Master Tool Box users

11. NEW DESIGN VERIFICATION TOOL FOR VERILOG USERS

12. New tools for Verilog users.