Controlling VCS from the PLI
Author Message
 Controlling VCS from the PLI

I am attempting to drive VCS directly from another application using the
PLI but I am having trouble actually getting the simulator to run for a
specified length of time, e.g. a clock cycle. I am fairly new to the PLI
but I can talk to and read stuff from VCS. Is there a PLI routine which
will allow the simulator to be run for a specified time?

Cheers,

Rich

Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:58:30 GMT
 Controlling VCS from the PLI

Quote:

> I am attempting to drive VCS directly from another application using the
> PLI but I am having trouble actually getting the simulator to run for a
> specified length of time, e.g. a clock cycle. I am fairly new to the PLI
> but I can talk to and read stuff from VCS. Is there a PLI routine which
> will allow the simulator to be run for a specified time?

It has been a while since I did this but if memory serves me right you
call tf_setdelay with a given delay and you PLI routine will be called
with a reactive message after the given simulation time.

Petter
Petter Gustad            8'h2B | ~8'h2B            http://www.gustad.com
#include <stdio.h>/* compile/run this program to get my email address */
int main(void) {printf ("petter\100gustad\056com\nmy opinions only\n");}

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:32:49 GMT
 Controlling VCS from the PLI
Hi,
  I too am a newbie to PLI and am first focusing on VPI (PLI 2.0) )-
which is not supported by VCS yet (:- ). So the solution that I offer
here is more bookish than through experience. I think what you need is
a "Way to synchronize your PLI to the Verilog simulation", In PLI
(1.0) there are
"Misctf  routines" for this purpose. These could be called due to
several reasons (like endof_compile, end_ofsim, value_change_on_object
etc.) If you have Sutherland's book with you, please refer to Chapter
no. 12 for more.

I think you will need the routines like tf_setdelay (or
tf_setlongdelay etc.) for your purpose.

HTH,
Srini

Quote:

--
Srinivasan Venkataramanan (Srini)
ASIC Design Engineer,

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 12:02:48 GMT

1. Verilog PLI and VCS

2. VCS 5.2 PLI Capabilities?

3. how to convert pli written for vcs to modeltech

4. How to pass a string from PLI to verilog/vcs

5. How to pass a string from PLI to verilog/vcs

6. Version control VCS.0.2.b is here

7. Help on VCS + VirSim (GUI for VCS)

8. VisualAge PLI Enterprise vs. VisualAge PLI Personal

9. PLI-32 Alpha 3.10 (Single message ZIP file (30K)) - pli-32.zip (0/1)

10. PLI-32 Alpha 3.10 (Single message ZIP file (30K)) - pli-32.zip (1/1)

11. PLI-32 For NT, alpha 3.10 (ZIP File: 378K] - pli-32.zip (10/10)

12. PLI-32 For NT, alpha 3.10 (ZIP File: 378K] - pli-32.zip (06/10)