One-Hot or Gray-Code State Machine
Author Message
 One-Hot or Gray-Code State Machine

Lets say u were using a highly encoded state machine (ie one containing
fewest number of state flip flops), this means that the number of illegal
states are few. Thus if there is an illegal transition, probably it will end
up in a legal state. BUT, there is no guarantee that it can recover from the
error, just because it ended in a legal state.

On the other hand, if you were using the maximum number of state FFs, then
an illegal transition will almost certainly put the machine in an illegal
state (since the legal states are a small fraction of all possible vector
values). This illegal state can then be detected by external logic.

And no, we have not had our one hot coded state m/cs go "into the weeds",
not yet thou.

--
Posted from wiproecmx2.wipro.com [164.164.31.6]
via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:38:36 GMT

1. One-Hot or Gray-Code State Machine?

2. Formal verification of one-hot state machine.

3. One-hot state machines

4. Output decoding of one hot encoded state machine

5. One Hot state machine encoding with Max+plus

6. acquiring data in one phase of a state machine and saving it in another

7. C/C++ sample codes for state machine

8. Announce: state machine code generator

9. Code generation and state machines

10. Use of a Finite State Machine in testbench code

11. OO-Code for a state machine

12. state machine coding style