verilog-mode for emacs, `define and /*autosense*/
Author Message
 verilog-mode for emacs, `define and /*autosense*/

I edit my verilog files using emacs with verilog-mode installed from "Mac",
works great with one exception. I have a many state FSM, and I'd like to use
symbolic names for the different states. For the usual combinational always
block I have

begin
  case (current_state)
    `IDLE: begin
       next_state = `S1;
    end
    `S1: begin
      next_state = `S2;
    end
end

The trouble is that when I update, the /*autosense*/ filles in the list with
each `define-d symbol. Is there a way to prevent this; I can avoide the
problem by using parameters, but some backend tools do not recognize
parameters as constants -- but they do recognize `defines as constants.

Thanks, Warren

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 09:30:12 GMT
 verilog-mode for emacs, `define and /*autosense*/
I answered my own question by simply reading the verilog-mode.el file; I
need to use
/*auto_constant(`constant)*/
for each `constant defined via `define. Sorry for the wasted bandwidth.

Quote:
> I edit my verilog files using emacs with verilog-mode installed from
"Mac",
> works great with one exception. I have a many state FSM, and I'd like to
use
> symbolic names for the different states. For the usual combinational
always
> block I have

> begin
>   case (current_state)
>     `IDLE: begin
>        next_state = `S1;
>     end
>     `S1: begin
>       next_state = `S2;
>     end
> end

> The trouble is that when I update, the /*autosense*/ filles in the list
with
> each `define-d symbol. Is there a way to prevent this; I can avoide the
> problem by using parameters, but some backend tools do not recognize
> parameters as constants -- but they do recognize `defines as constants.

> Thanks, Warren

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 09:58:26 GMT

1. Emacs Verilog mode & 2001

2. emacs verilog mode?

3. Extension to Emacs Verilog-Mode ?

4. Emacs verilog mode

5. emacs & verilog-mode

6. Emacs verilog mode

7. Emacs verilog mode ands Silos?

8. parathesis matching in emacs-verilog mode

9. Emacs Verilog-mode problems

10. Verilog mode for (x)emacs???

11. Emacs verilog mode problem

12. emacs verilog mode (or updated LSE files)