Disabling a $setup/$hold checker on a per-instance basis
Author Message
 Disabling a $setup/$hold checker on a per-instance basis

Hi,

Can a $setup/$hold checker be disabled on a per-instance basis?
We're doing structural sims and getting $setup problems on a
multicycle path...so the error message is a nop (all 70MB worth).

We're using VCS.

Please reply by email and to the newsgroup...
Thanks,
/Ed
--

Wed, 23 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Disabling a $setup/$hold checker on a per-instance basis

Apparently $disable_warnings isn't implemented in VCS.  I guess I'll be writing
my own via the PLI...

/Ed

Quote:

--

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Disabling a $setup/$hold checker on a per-instance basis

Quote:

> Apparently $disable_warnings isn't implemented in VCS.  I guess I'll be writing
> my own via the PLI...

This implies that you will also be writing your own $setup/$hold checks. Otherwise,
how can you suppress the warnings on the built-in checks ?
Quote:

> /Ed

> > Yes you can use
> > $disable_warnings("timing",instance_name); system task to suppress the warning
> > message.

> --

Fri, 25 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Disabling a $setup/$hold checker on a per-instance basis

Quote:

> > Apparently $disable_warnings isn't implemented in VCS.  I guess I'll be writing
> > my own via the PLI...

> This implies that you will also be writing your own $setup/$hold checks. Otherwise,
> how can you suppress the warnings on the built-in checks ?

acc_replace_delays(handle_tchk,  0.0);

The rest is left as an exercise to the user!

/Ed
--

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. PHP programmer needed (on per project basis)

2. redirecting stdout / stderr on per-interpreter basis

3. latch setup & hold

4. need help with $setup / $hold

5. Multiple Clock design, setup & hold time violation

6. what is $setup and $hold time?

7. PLI: Setup and Hold monitoring

8. setup hold time

9. setup & hold for latch

10. help with setup and hold time of d-flip flop

11. $setup and $hold

12. Multiple Clock design, setup & hold time violation