Bluetooth core??
Author Message
 Bluetooth core??

Hi,
Me and some young engineers (students and non-students) like get more
practice in digital design by doing a real design.
We found that the bluetooth technology is a new technology and may have
good future even in a home made systems.

Could you please help us on the following questions:
1. Is there any avialable cores for this technology that we can learn
from?
2. how large is this core going to be?
3. where can I find information about implementing it?
4. can a group of 3 young engineers work on it?
5. Is ther any possibility to implement a device at home with this core?
6. can we implement it on FPGA?
7. Does it worth the time or should we look for another technology to
learn from?

Thanks in advance
Jamil Khatib

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Bluetooth core??

Jamil,

Check out the Xilinx "Bluetooth" webpage at
http://support.xilinx.com/products/virtex/wireless/bluetooth.htm

Generally FPGAs are used for implementing some of the Bluetooth components
like Memory controllers,
DSP Filters, Peripherals ( PCI, Co-processor, Protocol processor) etc.

You can also find detailed Bluetooth specs at www.bluetooth.com

Hope this helps.

Vikram
Xilinx Applications

Quote:

> Hi,
> Me and some young engineers (students and non-students) like get more
> practice in digital design by doing a real design.
> We found that the bluetooth technology is a new technology and may have
> good future even in a home made systems.

> Could you please help us on the following questions:
> 1. Is there any avialable cores for this technology that we can learn
> from?
> 2. how large is this core going to be?
> 3. where can I find information about implementing it?
> 4. can a group of 3 young engineers work on it?
> 5. Is ther any possibility to implement a device at home with this core?
> 6. can we implement it on FPGA?
> 7. Does it worth the time or should we look for another technology to
> learn from?

> Thanks in advance
> Jamil Khatib

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

  Vikram.Pasham.vcf
< 1K Download

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Bluetooth core??

Quote:

> Hi,
> Me and some young engineers (students and non-students) like get more
> practice in digital design by doing a real design.
> We found that the bluetooth technology is a new technology and may have
> good future even in a home made systems.

> Could you please help us on the following questions:
> 1. Is there any avialable cores for this technology that we can learn
> from?
> 2. how large is this core going to be?
> 3. where can I find information about implementing it?
> 4. can a group of 3 young engineers work on it?
> 5. Is ther any possibility to implement a device at home with this core?
> 6. can we implement it on FPGA?
> 7. Does it worth the time or should we look for another technology to
> learn from?

> Thanks in advance
> Jamil Khatib

I don't know if there's any Bluetooth cores available, though there's
plenty of powerpoint presentations out there :)

but you could have a look at the datasheet for the LMX5001 bluetooth
chip (National semiconductor), it only implements the stuff
that _has_ to be done in HW the rest is handled in SW.
You can download the bluetooth specs at www.bluetooth.com, and see
what's needed. It can definately be implemented in an FPGA, but even
with a chip that can handle all the timing HEC,FEC and CRC
encoding/decoding
you'll need atleast some of the higher protocol layers to get the
rest of the way.

--Lasse
(+)--------------------------(+)
 | Lasse Langwadt Christensen |
 | Aalborg, Denmark           |
(+)--------------------------(+)

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Bluetooth core??

2. Soft cores/macs vs Hard cores/macs

3. core or core dump file ?

4. _tkinter makes core dump (Re: python links with Tk in OS/2 - but core dumps)

5. To dump core or not to dump core

6. Bluetooth Plugins?

7. Design Consultants (Bluetooth)

8. Bluetooth System Architecture Engineer

9. Has any NI software an application with BlueTooth?

10. FAE Engineer position with Bluetooth Device Company

11. Lead ASIC design Engineer for IP Bluetooth Solutions

12. ASIC design for USB, Bluetooth Devices