How can I build a model of a resistor?
Author Message
 How can I build a model of a resistor?

How can I create a simulation model for a resistor that is used
as a series resistor in a schematic (whose netlist is then
extracted into Verilog for simulation)? The resistor can be
placed in any orientation such that it can have drivers on
either end or both sides; as a series resistor we just want
it to pass the value through from the one active driver (determined
by the design state).

Originally we had connected two buffers back to back like this:

module RESISTOR(R1,R2) ; // resistor model
        inout R1, R2 ;

        buf (pull1,pull0) p1(R1,R2) ;
        buf (pull1,pull0) p2(R2,R1) ;
endmodule

This has problems with other drivers conflicting and causing
the net to go to X.

Optimally, the model should also be able to be used in
a pullup/down situation, again without concern with which side
is connected to the supply.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,
Lauren Baker
Cabletron Systems

Tue, 07 Jan 1997 00:48:01 GMT

1. Creating a resistor model for system level synthesis

2. Verilog resistor models

3. Updated Pullup resistor model with delay

4. Modeling a pullup resistor in VHDL simulation

5. HELP in model a pull-up resistor....

6. help with VHDL resistor model

7. Object models, Domain models, Application models, and MVC?

8. Object models, Domain models, Application models, and MVC?

9. modeling a system built from 10K ECL

10. Building a testbench for multiple sythesised Vhdl models

11. building a street model [newbie]

12. CA Cans VO ?