phantom alarm(120)
Author Message
 phantom alarm(120)

+---------------
| The following is to be interpreted in the context of
| the PLI (on UNIX platforms), and NOT verilog HDL.
|
| In verilog 1.6 (SGI platform, IRIX 3.3.2 or 4.0.1) there
| seems to be an alarm(120) call inside the verilog code (non-PLI
| code). This causes problems if after 120 sec the PLI
| code happens to be waiting on socket I/O, semaphores, etc.
|
| The brute force solution is simply to reset the timer;
+---------------

You also need to worry about SIGINT (e.g., ^C) from the user.

When I did a PLI module that needed to use sockets, I slapped a logical
"interrupts off/interrupts on" around each of the socket read/write calls.
That is (System-V version, BSD will differ):

        sighold(SIGINT);
        sighold(SIGALRM);
        ...write a packet and wait for response...
        sighrelse(SIGINT);
        sighrelse(SIGALRM);

The user could still use SIGQUIT to abort all the way out, if needed.

-Rob

-----

Silicon Graphics, Inc.          (415)335-1673
2011 N. Shoreline Blvd.
Mountain View, CA  94039-7311

Wed, 08 Jun 1994 17:05:48 GMT

1. More than two FP-TB-3 with FP-TC-120

2. Need LeCroy DDA 120, DDA 125, or DDA 260 LabVIEW instrument driver

3. Cutting 120 ms in mod_ruby,postgresql on an AMD500

4. TIP #120: Restricted DDE Services

5. Phantom widgets???

6. Phantom posts

7. phantom user in a windows 98 network

8. A phantom value

9. Report - Phantom record

10. CW2.003 - Phantom TODO Procedures

11. Those Persistent Phantom TODO Procs!