Selecting bits from a function return
Author Message
 Selecting bits from a function return

How do I select specific bits from a function which returns a bus
eg.

I have a function XYZ which returns a bus [31:0]

I want to assign bits 30:15 to a 16 bit register

Something like
        o1={XYZ(i1,i2)}[30:15];

I could assign it to an int and then copy the integer to the reg but this is less readable. I may have to go with this.

Any ideas

Paul

Mon, 14 Apr 1997 22:47:38 GMT

1. Return selected application window on mousedown and return to Realbasic

2. os.system return value left shifted 8 bits?

3. function that returns function

4. how to write function that returns function

5. F95: array-returning function as argument to another function

6. how to write function that returns function

7. about functions that return functions.

8. Problem: select message on MyOrderedCollectionSubclass returns OrderedCollection

9. Return of selected element in listcontrol

10. Returning Name of Printer Selected.

11. Selecting record when returning from update form

12. Form going into AcceptAll after returning from Select browse