which of these two book is better....?
Author Message
 which of these two book is better....?

I'm novice in verilog HDL
and I am going to buy book on verilog HDL for both beginner and expert
and I found two books available in my country..
two books are..

Verilog HDL : A Guide to Digital Design and Synthesis
by  Palnitkar

The Verilog Hardware Description Language 2/E, 3/E
by Thomas and Moorby..

the former is twice in price than latter..
PPP...Please recommend me which of two books is better..
Please..
thanks in advance..

Kim. Jae-Yong
--

Mon, 30 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 which of these two book is better....?

> I'm novice in verilog HDL
> and I am going to buy book on verilog HDL for both beginner and expert
> and I found two books available in my country..
> two books are..

> Verilog HDL : A Guide to Digital Design and Synthesis
> by  Palnitkar

> The Verilog Hardware Description Language 2/E, 3/E
> by Thomas and Moorby..

> the former is twice in price than latter..
> PPP...Please recommend me which of two books is better..
> Please..
> thanks in advance..

> Kim. Jae-Yong
> --

I bought the first book. It is not very good. If you are new
to the whole design process, maybe useful. If you aretrying
to learn verilog and watn to see code example, it is not
worth the price.

Mark Azadpour
Vitesse Semiconductor
(719)867-6331 FAX: (719)867-6203

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 which of these two book is better....?

Best book is:

Doug Smith's book "HDL Chip Design" (ISBN 0-9651934-3-8)

No others even come close (that I have seen).

Bruce

Quote:

>I'm novice in verilog HDL
>and I am going to buy book on verilog HDL for both beginner and expert
>and I found two books available in my country..
>two books are..

>Verilog HDL : A Guide to Digital Design and Synthesis
>by  Palnitkar

>The Verilog Hardware Description Language 2/E, 3/E
>by Thomas and Moorby..

>the former is twice in price than latter..
>PPP...Please recommend me which of two books is better..
>Please..
>thanks in advance..

>Kim. Jae-Yong
>--

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 which of these two book is better....?

Quote:

> Best book is:

> Doug Smith's book "HDL Chip Design" (ISBN 0-9651934-3-8)

> No others even come close (that I have seen).

I also like this book very much. But I'm not sure it's the best
reference book to have if it's the ONLY verilog book you have. (Note, it
has VHDL and verilog examples side by side, which is instructive.) His
examples are great. In any case, I learned more from Smith's book than
any of the other 4 verilog books I have.

Of the two you asked about, I like Palnitkar better than T&M.

John

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. I am just learning verilog any good books or websites

2. Stupid question I am afraid, but I could use a pointer or two

3. Good REXX books-- Not the 21 days book

4. Books, good books!

5. A good book assembler book, anyone?

6. Good (best) VHDL book?

7. read two sets of data from two spread sheet files to two arrays problem

8. Two more books on APL

9. Two Books

10. FS: Two Clipper books

11. help: publishers of two books