Are there any Free Verilog Simulators for Students???
Author Message
 Are there any Free Verilog Simulators for Students???

Hello,

I need to know if there are any good free Verilog Simulators.
Currently I am using Cadence Verilog at school but Cadence doesn't
seem to have a "student version" that I can download and use at home.

If anyone has any suggestions or web pages that they can direct me it
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

jjones

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 14:41:22 GMT
 Are there any Free Verilog Simulators for Students???
There are some indeed. Although you may find instances (no pun) where
they are a little lacking in full capabilities. I use Icarus Verilog
(iverilog) which creates executables from your verilog code. There is
also ver, vbs, vIDE and maybe a few others. vIDE is a Java based tool
for simulation and debugging. A little slow but still shows promise for
at least student use (and hobbiers).

Good luck.

-Al

ps: you can find these by searching.

Quote:

--

----
"I do not fear computers.  I fear the lack of them."       -- Isaac

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:18:11 GMT
 Are there any Free Verilog Simulators for Students???

Quote:

>There are some indeed. Although you may find instances (no pun) where
>they are a little lacking in full capabilities. I use Icarus Verilog
>(iverilog) which creates executables from your verilog code. There is
>also ver, vbs, vIDE and maybe a few others. vIDE is a Java based tool
>for simulation and debugging. A little slow but still shows promise for
>at least student use (and hobbiers).

>Good luck.

>-Al

Most of the above you could find through

http://opencollector.org/summary.php3

There are also links to other free EDA tools

Good luck

Klaus

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:07:21 GMT
 Are there any Free Verilog Simulators for Students???

Thanks alot.

This really helps me out.

jjones

Quote:
>Hello,

>I need to know if there are any good free Verilog Simulators.
>Currently I am using Cadence Verilog at school but Cadence doesn't
>seem to have a "student version" that I can download and use at home.

>If anyone has any suggestions or web pages that they can direct me it
>would be greatly appreciated.

>Thanks

>jjones

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 03:20:40 GMT
 Are there any Free Verilog Simulators for Students???

Hi,
Can we consider the Verilog A/MS manual Version 2.0 from OVI
the latest standard on Verilog-A ( I'm not interesting for the moment
with the mixed-signal part)??

Does the Verilog-A LRM has been already fully implemented?

Thanks for any pointers on any existing University projects or company products
about Verilog-A.

Hector.

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 09:26:30 GMT
 Are there any Free Verilog Simulators for Students???
Cadence SpectreHDL supports Verilog-A.
You may want to go to http://www.cadence.com/
to find out more.

Chia-Lan

Quote:

> Hi,
> Can we consider the Verilog A/MS manual Version 2.0 from OVI
> the latest standard on Verilog-A ( I'm not interesting for the moment
> with the mixed-signal part)??

> Does the Verilog-A LRM has been already fully implemented?

> Thanks for any pointers on any existing University projects or company products
> about Verilog-A.

> Hector.

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:07:03 GMT
 Are there any Free Verilog Simulators for Students???
Try to check the OpenTech cdrom at
http://www.opencores.org/OIPC/projects/OpenTech

Regards
Jamil Khatib

Quote:

> Thanks alot.

> This really helps me out.

> jjones

> >Hello,

> >I need to know if there are any good free Verilog Simulators.
> >Currently I am using Cadence Verilog at school but Cadence doesn't
> >seem to have a "student version" that I can download and use at home.

> >If anyone has any suggestions or web pages that they can direct me it
> >would be greatly appreciated.

> >Thanks

> >jjones

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:37:41 GMT
 Are there any Free Verilog Simulators for Students???
Checkout Icarus Verilog from www.opencollector.org
Quote:

> Try to check the OpenTech cdrom at
> http://www.opencores.org/OIPC/projects/OpenTech

> Regards
> Jamil Khatib

> > Thanks alot.

> > This really helps me out.

> > jjones

> > >Hello,

> > >I need to know if there are any good free Verilog Simulators.
> > >Currently I am using Cadence Verilog at school but Cadence doesn't
> > >seem to have a "student version" that I can download and use at home.

> > >If anyone has any suggestions or web pages that they can direct me it
> > >would be greatly appreciated.

> > >Thanks

> > >jjones

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:57:43 GMT

1. Is there a free/cheap Verilog Simulator?

2. Any free simulators for verilog?

3. Help: Free verilog simulator

4. Free Verilog simulator

5. Need info for the free verilog simulator

6. need cheap/free verilog simulator

7. Free/shareware Verilog/VHDL simulators&compilers ??

8. free verilog simulators?

9. Free/shareware Verilog/VHDL simulators&compilers ??

10. VCS verilog simulator to mti simulator

11. VHDL compiler and simulator for student