Verilog vs VHDL Syntax comparison
Author Message
 Verilog vs VHDL Syntax comparison

Hi all,

I need to convert a VHDL fully behavioural model in Verilog (behav
again); I don't want to use any automatic conversion tool, though: the
code is not so long, and It takes maybe less time to do it by hand
rather than let a tool do it and then correct the result...
furthermore, I want to use it as a useful verilog exercise.

Does anybody have a link to a comparative table for the syntax of the
two languages, to be used as a reference?

Thanks&Regards,

Stefano

Sat, 28 Feb 2004 19:44:13 GMT
 Verilog vs VHDL Syntax comparison

Quote:

> Hi  Stefano,
> Have a look at the actel website. which gives side by side examples of
> vhdl and verilog. I found it very useful.
> www.actel.com/docs/R2-1999/hdlcode.pdf

> Sanjay

Another good source of side-by-side examples is the book by Douglas
Smith:

HDL Chip Design, Doone Publications, ISBN 0-9651934-3-8

Focuses on synthesisable code mainly but has some really nice bits about
"bad" code.

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 07:33:46 GMT
 Verilog vs VHDL Syntax comparison
Stefano:

A comparison was done in the form of a design article in EDN access.
Here is the url.
http://archives.e-insite.net/archives/ednmag/reg/1997/041097/08df_08.htm.
Hope this helps as for the verilog/VHDL porting.

Regards,
Prabhakar

Wed, 03 Mar 2004 07:25:27 GMT

1. Verilog vs VHDL Syntax comparison

2. problem with use of aggregate in comparison, and VHDL syntax gripes

3. VHDL <-> Verilog Construct Comparison Chart

4. Dissertation : A Comparison of VHDL and Verilog

5. Comparison of low-cost VHDL/Verilog?

6. Monitoring with exact timing (Comparison Verilog/VHDL)

7. VHDL & verilog Comparison

8. Comparison of low-cost VHDL/Verilog?

9. Monitoring with exact timing (Comparison Verilog/VHDL)

10. Dissertation : A Comparison of Verilog and VHDL

11. Verilog/VHDL Comparison List

12. VHDL & verilog Comparison