help regarding acc_set_value() please.
Author Message
 help regarding acc_set_value() please.

Hi,

      I am trying to set a inout port to a particular value using the
acc_set_value() routine. Say,

module xyz (
                            port_a
                        );

inout [63:0] port_a;

.
.
..
$set_val(port_a);
.
.
.
endmodule

int set_val() {

The documentation says that i need to use the accVectorVal as 'format'
and i have to set the aval/bval pairs. Also it says that i need to have
one s_setval_value record for every 32 bits. Does this mean that i have
to set the value of every bit in the vector. How do i do it. Can i use a
decimal number in some way so that all 32 bits get set accordingly.

thank you
praveen

--

via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 18 Feb 2003 00:43:54 GMT
 help regarding acc_set_value() please.

Quote:

> Hi,

>       I am trying to set a inout port to a particular value using the
> acc_set_value() routine. Say,

well you can't just store a value into a net (or port) using accAssignFlag,
what you can do is force a value onto a net using accForceFlag/accReleaseFlag,
or you can driver the net with some RTL verilog 'reg' variables and
acc_set_value them

Quote:

> The documentation says that i need to use the accVectorVal as 'format'
> and i have to set the aval/bval pairs. Also it says that i need to have
> one s_setval_value record for every 32 bits. Does this mean that i have
> to set the value of every bit in the vector. How do i do it. Can i use a
> decimal number in some way so that all 32 bits get set accordingly.

yes you have to set the value for every bit in the vector - you pass a
pointer to an array of aval/bval pairs - in your case you will need an array
of 2 sets of pairs

        Paul Campbell

Tue, 18 Feb 2003 04:24:05 GMT

1. Please help, question regarding threads

2. please, please, please, please, help

4. VSE 3.1 Repository Problem: Please help (please please?)

5. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

6. please,please please do help us

7. help please-----please help about array in DLL

8. Help regarding Help File

9. HELP !..PLEASE,PLEASe,PLEAse,PLEase,PLease,Please,please.....

11. PLI Interface and acc_set_value?

12. acc_set_value question