Trying to get Experience with Verilog
Author Message
 Trying to get Experience with Verilog

I am trying to get experience with verilog and was looking for programs that
I could do this with. Since I am a just graduate I do not have allot of
money. How do I get experience programming in this environment.

Thu, 04 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Trying to get Experience with Verilog
Hi,
    I am not sure if I have understood your question well b'cos with HDLs
like Verilog/VHDL
 you don't need "programs" to get familiar with them, you need "models" of
hardware blocks
 ranging from Flip Flops to UART, Processor etc. If you are indeed looking
for a "program"
 to simulate your models, try free simulators available on the net. A good
starting point would be to go through the Verilog FAQ maintained by Rajesh:

See

 http://www.angelfire.com/in/verilogfaq/

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Srini

--
Srinivasan Venkataramanan
IC Design Engineer

Quote:
> I am trying to get experience with verilog and was looking for programs
that
> I could do this with. Since I am a just graduate I do not have allot of
> money. How do I get experience programming in this environment.

Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Trying to get Experience with Verilog
I bought the James Lee book on Verilog (~$100) and it came with a simulator that
can handle models up to 1000 lines of code. (also includes example code)

Quote:

> I am trying to get experience with verilog and was looking for programs that
> I could do this with. Since I am a just graduate I do not have allot of
> money. How do I get experience programming in this environment.

--
========================
William Lenihan

========================

Wed, 10 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Trying to get Experience with Verilog
Do you mean Verilog the hardware description language or Verilog the
software engineering tool?

Tim Jordan

Quote:

> I am trying to get experience with verilog and was looking for programs that
> I could do this with. Since I am a just graduate I do not have allot of
> money. How do I get experience programming in this environment.

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. try gfdg try kuiou try gsdfas try

2. CW4 Beta 3 -- Still getting errors ? Try This

3. I am getting timeouts trying to access parallel port with VISA

4. Cadence Verilog on Linux experiences

5. LOOKING FOR : Designers, Coop, Contractors with Verilog Experience

6. Beginner experience with Verilog

7. Verilog ***** Verilog ***** Verilog ***** Verilog

8. Cirrus/Crystal Layoff--Need designer w/VERILOG experience?

9. Try this if you are having problems getting action out of your joystick

10. trying to understand verilog delays

11. Verilog beginner trying to implement pipelining

12. Trying to get Verilog cranked up (Cadence point tools)