looking for munger
Author Message
 looking for munger

Hi,
I am looking for a way to munge/encript my verilog netlist
before I hand it off to an EDA vendor.  Do you know of any?

Thanks,
Robert

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 03 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for munger

Quote:

> Hi,
> I am looking for a way to munge/encript my verilog netlist
> before I hand it off to an EDA vendor.  Do you know of any?

> Thanks,
> Robert

Hi Robert,

I think, you want the EDA tool itself to read/parse the munged netlist.

For this, you will have to use the encryption (if provided) facility of
the specific software itself. There is no generic encryption tool for
this purpose.

The reason for this is, if there were one such generic tool, diff. EDA
tools/vendors would need to have the capability to decrypt; and that
would mean, your encrypted design/netlist could be decrypted by anybody.

Hence, most EDA tools would provide you with an encryption technology of
their own, and, only that specific tool can read the encrypted netlist.
Thus, if you want to run/support several diff. tools for the same
design, you will have to maintain/generate an encrypted copy for each
tool.

-sanjay

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for munger

Quote:

> Hi,
> I am looking for a way to munge/encript my verilog netlist
> before I hand it off to an EDA vendor.  Do you know of any?

> Thanks,
> Robert

   For simulation purposes, if you and your EDA vendor
   are using the same simulator, use `protect `endprotect
   compiler directives. There are past instances
   when this encryption  was broken. So beware.

   Also, there is a bunch of IP protection EDA s/w
   coming out in the market now. One of them even
   made it to the finalist list of the
   EDN's "most innovative s/w" of the year.

   http://www.ednmag.com/ednmag/reg/1999/030499/05innov2.htm#ip

   Once again, be aware of the fact that these
   tools cost big $$.

   Rgds,
   -Swapnajit
--
=-=-= 100% pure Verilog PLI - go, get it ! =-=-=
 Principles of Verilog PLI -By- Swapnajit Mittra

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for munger
If you have access to VCS use:

% vcs -Xman=1 file1.v file2.v ...

or

% vcs -Xman=2 file1.v file2.v ...

both commands leave a new netlist in tokens.v

/Ed

Quote:

> Hi,
> I am looking for a way to munge/encript my verilog netlist
> before I hand it off to an EDA vendor.  Do you know of any?

> Thanks,
> Robert

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for munger
Beware that -Xsomething is not a "supported" option for VCS. So one has to
use it one's own risk.

In this particular case, -Xman has been know to have shortcomings,
especially with regard to uselib modules.

-Ashutosh

Quote:
> If you have access to VCS use:

> % vcs -Xman=1 file1.v file2.v ...

> or

> % vcs -Xman=2 file1.v file2.v ...

> both commands leave a new netlist in tokens.v

> /Ed

> > Hi,
> > I am looking for a way to munge/encript my verilog netlist
> > before I hand it off to an EDA vendor.  Do you know of any?

> > Thanks,
> > Robert

> --

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for munger

Quote:

> Beware that -Xsomething is not a "supported" option for VCS. So one has to
> use it one's own risk.

> In this particular case, -Xman has been know to have shortcomings,
> especially with regard to uselib modules.

I think it is supported in the sense that it is in the VCS manual,
however, there are indeed major shortcoming with libraries and
if support implies fixing shortcomings then its not supported!

:-)

/Ed
--

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need Munger for IndexedFaceSet

2. Using QvLib as Inventor look-alike? or free Inventor look-alike?

3. LOOKING FOR A JOB? Look here!

4. Are you looking for a job or know of someone who's looking?

5. Looking for SmallTalk programmers

6. Looking for pity...

7. Looking For: ToolTips on ActionButtons

8. Looking for Bill Cole from JumpStart !

9. Looking for contract position

10. Looking for UML course/instructor

11. VW Look and Feel

12. Looking for VW/SmallTalk UI Regression Tester