Redefining specparams per instance
Author Message
 Redefining specparams per instance

Looking for advice,

I have read through parts of the Varilog-XL Ref. book and do realize that
what I am asking is counter to what is stated, but I would vary much like to
know if there is any way to do this.

I would like to have parameter like variables inside of a specify block.
I want to be able to redefine (defparam) certain timing constraints per
instance of a module, and then use $setup and $hold to do timing checks
for me.

Is there any way of using $setup or/and $hold out side of a specify block?

--
B Mohrgan Pratten

Sat, 04 Jan 1997 22:44:14 GMT
 Redefining specparams per instance
Here's a manual way of doing timing hazards: ( untested )

parameter delay = 10;

always
  fork : hazard
    begin
      setup_hazard = 1;
      #delay;
      setup_hazard = 0;
    end
    begin

      disable hazard;
    end
  join

always
  begin

    if (setup_hazard == 1) $display("setup violation in %m");
  end

                                                John Williams

Thu, 09 Jan 1997 15:39:00 GMT
 Redefining specparams per instance
Have you thought about using back-annotation to specify individual parameters
for each instance?

In Chapter 21, the last section on SDF Annotation describes how to do it.

/Steve
Steve Greenberg                         Phone: (508) 446-6231
Cadence Design Systems, Inc.            FAX:   (508) 446-6636

Chelmsford, MA 01824
Disclaimer: The standard disclaimer applies

Wed, 15 Jan 1997 01:14:12 GMT

1. Warning: redefine instance

2. repeated class redefinition and update-instance-for-redefined-class

3. MOP and update-instance-for-redefined-class

4. Breakpoints per Class or Instance

5. Disabling a $setup/$hold checker on a per-instance basis

6. Saving per-server-instance state between requests?

7. instances of classes and instances of instances

8. Overriding specparams

9. Changing specparams in specify blocks

10. Can event from instance propagate to other instances?

11. range(Instance) vs. foo[Instance]

12. Instances incorrectly sharing instance variables?