VCS simulations.
Author Message
 VCS simulations.

I have two questions about VCS simulator.

1). After model build (binary) how do I invoke the model so
as to do interactive simulation. Basically looking for a prompt,
so that I can set values on the nets/registers set break points
etc.,

2). I have a test bench file, basically command file with VCS
interactive commands like "set, force, release, breakpoint" etc.
I need to initialize certain registers during simulation.
I try to use say

module_name.xyz[2]=0x1234.

(xyz is an reg array 4x16). When I try to initialize the above
manner vcs gives out as CLI Error. I tried different types of
parentheses, but is of no use.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 07:47:35 GMT
 VCS simulations.
Quote:
> I have two questions about VCS simulator.

> 1). After model build (binary) how do I invoke the model so
> as to do interactive simulation. Basically looking for a prompt,
> so that I can set values on the nets/registers set break points
> etc.,

> 2). I have a test bench file, basically command file with VCS
> interactive commands like "set, force, release, breakpoint" etc.
> I need to initialize certain registers during simulation.
> I try to use say

CORRECTION   --->> set module_name.xyz[2]=0x1234.
Quote:

> (xyz is an reg array 4x16). When I try to initialize the above
> manner vcs gives out as CLI Error. I tried different types of
> parentheses, but is of no use.

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 08:03:27 GMT
 VCS simulations.

Quote:

> > I have two questions about VCS simulator.

> > 1). After model build (binary) how do I invoke the model so
> > as to do interactive simulation. Basically looking for a prompt,
> > so that I can set values on the nets/registers set break points
> > etc.,

When you compile use the -line +cli and +cliedit command line flags.
Then:

% simv -s

should give you the command line prompt.

Quote:
> > 2). I have a test bench file, basically command file with VCS
> > interactive commands like "set, force, release, breakpoint" etc.
> > I need to initialize certain registers during simulation.
> > I try to use say

> CORRECTION   --->> set module_name.xyz[2]=0x1234.

> > (xyz is an reg array 4x16). When I try to initialize the above
> > manner vcs gives out as CLI Error. I tried different types of
> > parentheses, but is of no use.

I think VCS doesn't like the 0x specification; Try 'h1234.
In the future it is easier if you reproduce the error message.

$stop at time 0
cli_0 > set a[0]=0xa;

Cli Error: Malformed Constant 0xa
cli_1 > set a[0]='ha;
cli_2 > print a[0]
a[0]: 0a

/Ed

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 22:01:16 GMT

1. VCS simulations.

2. using VCS for post synthesis simulation class.v

3. VHDL & Verilog Co-Simulation in VCS

4. VHDL & Verilog Co-Simulation in VCS

5. Help on VCS + VirSim (GUI for VCS)

6. C-based simulation faster than HDL-based simulation?

7. Job Posting: Simulation Support (Viewlogic/Simulation Group)

8. C-based simulation faster than HDL-based simulation?

9. cycle simulation & event simulation

10. what is the max size of verilog simulations that can be carried out on Synopsys VCS 6.0 ?

11. ? on importing vcs (Vcards?)

12. VCS over WAN