Lex/Yacc tools on DOS/WIN
Author Message
 Lex/Yacc tools on DOS/WIN

I 'm on developing  a parsing utility for a tool set generated vector
file. I 'm using
lex/yacc for parsing.  Since these utilities are not available on
Win/DOS, I 'm forced to
generate the C code using lex/yacc on Unix m/c and compile the C code
generated on DOS m/c. It is quite
cumbersome process.

I would be grateful if some one could give me download site for lex
& yacc utility on
Win/DOS or a vendor address providing such utilities.

I have visited   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;
http://www.*-*-*.com/

I located the "yacc.exe" in Reedkotler toolset but COULD NOT locate lex
utility.

Mon, 18 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Lex/Yacc tools on DOS/WIN
On Thu, 31 Dec 1998 16:15:12 +0530, Venkata Muralidhar
<snipped>

flex, bison, and byacc all run on win32. you can get flex-2.54 and
bison-1.25 from any gnu repository. not sure about byacc, but

ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/ucb/4bsd/

is a possibility. if you're writing commercial code, you should use
byacc in preference to bison, since the licensing terms are much
better.

newsgroup: comp.compilers

evan

Mon, 18 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Lex/Yacc tools on DOS/WIN

Quote:
>I 'm on developing  a parsing utility for a tool set generated vector
>file. I 'm using
>lex/yacc for parsing.  Since these utilities are not available on

They are available see an earlier article from me. They definitely work
on DOS am not sure about windows. When I get round to it I'll try it
under win98.

Quote:
>Win/DOS, I 'm forced to
>generate the C code using lex/yacc on Unix m/c and compile the C code
>generated on DOS m/c. It is quite
>cumbersome process.

>I would be grateful if some one could give me download site for lex
>& yacc utility on

flex ( lex equivalent ) and bison ( yacc equivalent ) are available from
http://www.delorie.com/. Please e-mail for further help.

Quote:

--
Andy Botterill

Mon, 18 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Lex/Yacc tools on DOS/WIN

Quote:
> I 'm on developing  a parsing utility for a tool set generated vector
> file. I 'm using
> lex/yacc for parsing.  Since these utilities are not available on
> Win/DOS, I 'm forced to
> generate the C code using lex/yacc on Unix m/c and compile the C code
> generated on DOS m/c. It is quite
> cumbersome process.

Try Cygnus port of GNU tools to Windows - http://www.cygnus.com
A beta version is available for download

flex, bison, perl, tcl, tk, expect, gcc, g++ ........

-Vivek

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Lex/Yacc tools on DOS/WIN

Quote:
> I 'm on developing  a parsing utility for a tool set generated vector
> file. I 'm using
> lex/yacc for parsing.  Since these utilities are not available on
> Win/DOS, I 'm forced to
> generate the C code using lex/yacc on Unix m/c and compile the C code
> generated on DOS m/c. It is quite
> cumbersome process.

Take a look at bison lexx/yacc package. This runs fine on MS-DOS. For
more details go to the following page:

   http://www.cs.cmu.edu/People/AUIS/bison-a26.html

Jussi Jumppanen
Author of: Zeus for Windows, Win32 (Brief, WordStar, Emacs) Text Editor
"The C/C++, Java, Pascal, Cobol, fortran programmers text editor"
Home Page: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jussi/

Thu, 28 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Lex/Yacc tools on DOS/WIN

2. yacc/lex like tools that generate Modula 2

3. Q: pyhton based lex, yacc tools

4. SW Tools for Analysis of Fortran Programs (lex/yacc/lint)

5. Lex/Yacc -Type Tools For Common LISP

6. Lex/Yacc -Type Tools For Smalltalk

7. Q: Lex&YACC smalltalk version ?

8. awk lex yacc (beginner question)