Info. on BIST
Author Message
 Info. on BIST

Hi Everybody,
I would like to know information about Built-in self test(BIST). Could
anyone please light me where I can get one.

Any kind of suggestion welcome.

Thanks.

Hari.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 07 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Info. on BIST

Quote:

> Hi Everybody,
> I would like to know information about Built-in self test(BIST). Could
> anyone please light me where I can get one.

> Any kind of suggestion welcome.

I have a great book that you should look for and buy. Its called "Digital
Systems Testing and Testable Design", by Abramovici, Breuer, and Friedman.
Its a big yellow beast that will hopefully answer some of your queries.

Cheers,
Xanatos

Sat, 07 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Info. on BIST
Hi,

   to make a good BIST you MUST know how the memorey is constract
meaning not only in general that it is let say 2K by 8 bits but exactly
how inside it is build as this will have a impact on the vector needed
for all the test.

The bist vector will check not only that no cell is stuck in 0 or 1 but
also the influance of neighber cell on this particlr cell and so on.

a small example is assume a 3x3 cell when all cell are 0 and than you
change all the surounding cell except the middle to 1 and see if this
effect the middle. now assume that this memorey is actually build from
9x1 than you test is no more corret as what you though to be surronding
is no more correct.

Therefore while getting more info is always advisable, when it come to
write the vectors it can only be done if you know the exact
architucture, any other way will result in something not tested.

usually there are two output for the bist machine and I know on two way
the implimenter.

in one case when the bist finish the test it rais the test done pin as
well as the test fail pin show if the test pass or fail.
the second when the test finish the test done is raised but during this
test if there is an error the test fail will toggle.

an additinal info is also available which tell the vendor exactly what
fail and when as well as where but those pin are usually send out as
I/O to be use by the vendor to investigate what went wrong in his
memoreis.

Laslty for large memorey you might encounter that you can't meat the
chip frequancy but this in most cases not a problem as in most cases
the bist will be run only on the tester.

have a nice day

   Illan

Quote:

> Hi Everybody,
> I would like to know information about Built-in self test(BIST). Could
> anyone please light me where I can get one.

> Any kind of suggestion welcome.

> Thanks.

> Hari.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 08 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Latest BIST problem with BS BIST

2. logic BIST

3. testing methods, BIST

4. RAM BIST Tests In VHDL (esp March II)

5. logic BIST

6. looking for a BIST model for memories.

7. BIST for embedded RAM

8. BIST

9. Outputting info from awk and using the info to name the awk output file

10. ACTOR: info & info request

11. BIOS Code space, memory map, fs info, and exec format info

12. FAT info and Disk info please!