setup & hold for latch
Author Message
 setup & hold for latch

Hi,
    I know how to calculate the setup & hold for a  flipflop, so Iam
able to write the specify
 block for the f/f models.  but I donot know, how to calculate the setup
& hold for a latch.

Can anybody tell me how to calculate the setup & hold for latch models?

At the same time Please suggest me some websites , where I can get the
info about the above.

Advance thanks,

 Venkateswarlu.B

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 setup & hold for latch

Quote:

> Hi,
>     I know how to calculate the setup & hold for a  flipflop, so Iam
> able to write the specify
>  block for the f/f models.  but I donot know, how to calculate the setup
> & hold for a latch.

> Can anybody tell me how to calculate the setup & hold for latch models?

> At the same time Please suggest me some websites , where I can get the
> info about the above.

> Advance thanks,

>  Venkateswarlu.B

There are two schools regarding the setup to a latch. The first is to
the opening edge of the clock (a latch may be transparent when a clock
is high OR when it's low, depending on your type. Opening edge ==
transparent.) This way, latch delay is caused by clock, and not by
data. the second approach (which I use,) is measure to the closing
edge. This way you measure the latest arrival time of the data. The
concept of "time borrowing" is also used.

As for hold, it is measured to the closing edge of the clock.

-+-
This post has no return mail address.
Please response in this newsgroup.
Thanks :)

Mon, 08 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. latch setup & hold

2. Multiple Clock design, setup & hold time violation

3. Multiple Clock design, setup & hold time violation

4. need help with $setup / $hold

5. what is $setup and $hold time?

6. PLI: Setup and Hold monitoring

7. setup hold time

8. help with setup and hold time of d-flip flop

9. $setup and $hold

10. Disabling a $setup/$hold checker on a per-instance basis

11. negetive setup/hold..?

12. setup and hold modelling in vhdl