Please recommend a book for learning VHDL.
Author Message
 Please recommend a book for learning VHDL.

Hi,

I won't ask the unreasonable question "What is the BEST book for learning
VHDL" but I would appreciate some advise.  I used Verilog on my last
project and it is clear that my new group will be using VHDL due to the
simulator liscences we have.  I need a book that will help bring me up to
speed on VHDL fairly quickly.  It should emphaisze coding for synthesis.
We will be using Synopsys as the synthesizer and targeting FPGAs for the
prototypes and eventually targeting ASIC technology.  Thanks in advance.

Tue, 06 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Please recommend a book for learning VHDL.

Quote:

>Hi,

>I won't ask the unreasonable question "What is the BEST book for learning
>VHDL" but I would appreciate some advise.  I used Verilog on my last
>project and it is clear that my new group will be using VHDL due to the
>simulator liscences we have.  I need a book that will help bring me up to
>speed on VHDL fairly quickly.  It should emphaisze coding for synthesis.
>We will be using Synopsys as the synthesizer and targeting FPGAs for the
>prototypes and eventually targeting ASIC technology.  Thanks in advance.

May I be so bold as to suggest my book. Amoung other things, it shows
synthesizable models of VHDL and Verilog side-by side so should be ideal for
your requirements. It is called:

                    HDL Chip design
A Practical Guide for Designing, Synthesizing and Simulating
         ASICs and FPGAs using VHDL or Verilog

see:
http://fly.hiwaay.net/~asmith

Doug Smith

Mon, 12 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Please recommend a book for learning VHDL.

Quote:

>Hi,

>I won't ask the unreasonable question "What is the BEST book for learning
>VHDL" but I would appreciate some advise.  I used Verilog on my last
>project and it is clear that my new group will be using VHDL due to the
>simulator liscences we have.  I need a book that will help bring me up to
>speed on VHDL fairly quickly.  It should emphaisze coding for synthesis.
>We will be using Synopsys as the synthesizer and targeting FPGAs for the
>prototypes and eventually targeting ASIC technology.  Thanks in advance.

May I be so bold as to suggest my book. Amoung other things, it shows
synthesizable models of VHDL and Verilog side-by side so should be ideal for
your requirements. It is called:

                    HDL Chip design
A Practical Guide for Designing, Synthesizing and Simulating
         ASICs and FPGAs using VHDL or Verilog

see:
http://fly.hiwaay.net/~asmith

Doug Smith

Mon, 12 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Please recommend a book for learning VHDL.

Quote:

>May I be so bold as to suggest my book. Amoung other things, it shows
>synthesizable models of VHDL and Verilog side-by side so should be ideal for
>your requirements. It is called:

>                    HDL Chip design
>A Practical Guide for Designing, Synthesizing and Simulating
>         ASICs and FPGAs using VHDL or Verilog

>see:
>http://fly.hiwaay.net/~asmith

>Doug Smith

Doug,  I cannot contact this address for some reason.  Netscape gives
me some error like server refusing connection.

Tue, 13 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Please recommend a book for learning VHDL.

There are a number of good books posted on
http://www.vhdl.com/VHDLFAQ/faq_books.htm

--
Sincerely,

The VHDL Technology Group            Web:    http://www.vhdl.com
100 Brodhead Road, Suite 140         Phone : 610-882-3130
Bethlehem, PA 18017                  Fax   : 610-882-3133

Wed, 14 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Please recommend a book for learning VHDL.

Yatin Trivedi has the best training class for vhdl users.

widman

Sat, 24 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Please recommend a book for learning VHDL.

Quote:
> Re: Please recommend a book for learning VHDL.

> Date: 5 Nov 1996 22:11:40 GMT

> Yatin Trivedi has the best training class for vhdl users.
> widman

I did not post this message. Who ever did please do not continue this
practice  of
sending information using someone elses name.

Bob Widman

Mon, 26 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please recommend a book for learning VHDL.

2. Recommended Books to learn Labview?

3. recommended book for learning Fortran 95?

4. Recommended books for learning Fortran

5. Recommended VHDL book titles wanted ...

6. Please recommend VRML books

7. Please recommend a good vhdl simulation tools

8. Recommend Cobol Book, and Compiler, for C++ Programmer Please

9. Recommend a book for complete PHP beginner please?

10. Please recommend books on Prolog.

11. NEED GREAT BOOK ON LISP - Please Recommend!!!

12. Book for learning VHDL ?